Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ardosso18 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2013, 06:15 PM
    Gallbladder surgery staples
    I had gallbladder surgery on September 4th of 2013, and I still get pain when stretching as well as sharp pain if I push my finger where my galbladder use to be and where the 2 staples are present.

Is this normal for being 7months ago?
    I have a lot of medal allergies could there be an infection?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 24, 2013, 06:28 PM
    Call your Physician! We have no way of knowing. These are permanent staples?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 24, 2013, 06:40 PM
    I had gallbladder surgery on September 4th of 2013,
    You're really looking ahead, aren't you? September 4, 2013 is 4 months away. I'm assuming you meant 2012?

and I still get pain when stretching as well as sharp pain if I push my finger where my galbladder use to be and where the 2 staples are present.
    The staples are present? They're still in there? They should have been removed!

have a lot of medal allergies could there be an infection?
    What did you receive a medal for? I'm assuming, again, that you mean metal? Well, if you have a metal allergy, and the staples haven't been removed since the surgery 7 months ago, or 4 months from now (not sure), you'd likely be dead, or at the very least, in the hospital.

Call your doctor, I don't think you even know what's going on. Goodness knows I couldn't figure it out based on what you wrote.

Good luck.

May 24, 2013, 07:48 PM
    Surgery was Sept. 4th 2012... 7 months ago

I'm allergic to metal, gold, nickel, and platinum for sure

I had staples as of January cause they appeared in an X-ray and I'm assuming they are still there (2 of them)

don't respond if you don't really have good advice cause saying that I would die if I had staples is a stupid response, people live with metal in their body all the time.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 24, 2013, 07:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ardosso18 View Post
    Surgery was Sept. 4th 2012.... 7 months ago

I'm allergic to metal, gold, nickle, and platinum for sure

I had staples as of January cause they appeared in an Xray and i'm assuming they are still there (2 of them)

don't respond if you don't really have good advice cause saying that i would die if i had staples is a stupid response, people live with metal in their body all the time.
    Yes, people do live with metal in their bodies all the time. People with allergies to metal, rarely have only a slight pain when that area is touched. At least not if they have severe allergies to metal.

I'm curious, when did you find out you had allergies to metal? Did you know before the surgery? Did the doctors know? If so, they shouldn't have used staples to begin with.

How would two staples still be on your body since September? If they saw two remaining staples in January, why did they not book a surgery to remove them?

Did you not go back to have them removed when you were supposed to? This is very confusing. Staples aren't left, they're removed once the patient is healed. How did they miss two?

Bottom line, we can't diagnose online, we can guess, but that doesn't help you. If you want to figure out what's going on, you'll need to see a doctor. That's the only advice anyone online can give you.

Good luck.

May 24, 2013, 08:04 PM
    They knew I had allergies to metal before hand, it's been in my medical history for years.

They never told me I had staples left inside, I found out in January.

I have never been told about a second surgery to remove any staples.

As far as I know they told me I had internal stitches that would dissolve and that's all.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 25, 2013, 05:06 AM
    And what has your Physician said about this?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

May 25, 2013, 05:47 AM
    Dissolving stitches are the norm for gallbladders.
    I wonder if the surgeon nicked the bowel or stomach?
    You need to get a solid medical opinion on what is going on.
    "Although most surgical staples are made of titanium, stainless steel is more often used in some skin staples and clips. Titanium produces less reaction with the immune system and, being non-ferrous, does not interfere significantly with MRI scanners, although some imaging artifacts may result. Synthetic absorbable (bioabsorbable) staples are also now becoming available, based on polyglycolic acid, as with many synthetic absorbable sutures.
    Titanium staples are never solely titanium; they all have some amount of nickel content." - wikipedia

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I be fired from staples for not signing up enough rewards members? [ 4 Answers ]

It is a staples directive to sign up 15 people per week for the rewards program. If you do not you get note to files and then write ups. Three write ups your gone. Sometimes its not possible to sign up that many people. Just seems like it is not fair.

Staples used in surgery [ 0 Answers ]

I had my appendix removed approximately 10 years ago, it had burst. A recent scan showed that some of the staples used had come adrift. Also, I have a sterilisation clip floating around the same area. I've never been sterilised. Are the staples and sterilisation clip normal usage for an...

What can I eat after gallbladder surgery? [ 6 Answers ]

Its been 4-5 weeks & I can't hold down food. Ive tried eating all kinds of stuff... from fruits and veggies to soups and crackers. I need help solving my tummy troubles. Ive looked up information about my problem and all I'm getting are complete horror stories about how everyone seeking the same...

Do NM wire staples need to be UL listed [ 4 Answers ]

NEC 2008 Article 334.30 Securing and Supporting. Nonmetalic-sheathed cable shall be supported and secured by staples, cable ties, straps, hangers, or similar fittings designed and installed so as not to damage the cable, etc etc Article 550.4(d) Listed or Labeled. All electrical materials,...

Has anyone out there ever heard of a staple gun the uses insulated staples for lumex [ 2 Answers ]

Has anyone out there ever heard of a staple gun the uses insulated staples for lumex

View more questions Search