Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Constan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2013, 03:27 PM
    Australia film drinking song
    Which song is playing in the scene where kidman and jackman are drinking together after they've just put the beasts on the ship?

The song in the background is hard to listen cause the volume is very very low.

Thank you
    JayJayWalker Posts: 14, Reputation: 2

Jul 9, 2013, 03:19 PM
    David Hirschfelder composed the score to Australia. Interpolated musical numbers include the jazz standards "Begin the Beguine", "Tuxedo Junction", "Sing Sing Sing (With a Swing)", and "Brazil". Edward Elgar's "Nimrod" from "Enigma" Variations is heard in the final scene of the film.[6] Luhrmann hired singer Rolf Harris to record his wobble board for the opening credits,[7] and Elton John composed and performed a song called "The Drover's Ballad", to lyrics by Luhrmann, for the end credits. Also used in the end credits is "By the Boab Tree", a song nominated for a 2008 Satellite Award,[8] again with Luhrmann lyrics, performed by Sydney singer Angela Little. Little's rendition of "Waltzing Matilda" completes the end credits in some versions of the film. The jazz sound track to "Australia" was performed by the Ralph Pyle big band with clarinet solos by Andy Firth.[9]

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I keep hearing this song on the trailer of australia with simon reeve [ 1 Answers ]

I only know a few lyrics to the song I am after. Where in the land I know Where love is ----- and flowers grow for evermore Where time is standing still Where lovers fill the quite places by the shore.

Grandpa song about drinking [ 0 Answers ]

Looking for name of song where grandpa says its OK to drink a little and it talks about him growing up

What is the song about a drinking bass and has the word walk or walking in the chorus [ 1 Answers ]

I heard this great song on WEVL in Memphis last weekend and it's the best song ever! It's either blues or Jazz, it's by a male singer, and it's a story about the guy and his bass "walking" around and going to the bar and drinkning. He says at one time the bartender says something like I never saw...

Songs in the film "Australia" [ 4 Answers ]

While the credits roll at the end of the film, what female is singing a song "I Will Hear You"--is it Nicole Kidman? Later in the credits, what male is singing a song "The Drover"--is it Hugh Jackman? I'd appreciate anyone who can answer this. I've not found any info on ANY site I've checked. ...

80s kids film australia [ 1 Answers ]

Hi does anyone remember a kids film back in the 80s or 90s about a little girl who gets lost in the outback of australia there's a kangaroo who helps her shows her how to find water by digging back the grass and there's monsters in called something like bonions or something similar anyone have a...

View more questions Search