Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NOVA06 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2007, 04:37 PM
    Toilet/lav/tub drain
    My toilet currently drains into a 90 degree 3" x 3" bend with a 2" side inlet. The bathtub & lavatory both join just upstream and outfall into the 2" side inlet.

I am shifting my toilet over a foot and was wondering if it would be a better idea to outfall the 2" tub/lav drain into a fitting just downstream of the closet bend or does it really matter that it outfalls directly into the bend? It seems to work OK under the current configuration but since I was going to be modifying the outfall somewhat anyway...

Thanks
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf toiletdrain.pdf (248.1 KB, 134 views)
    doug238 Posts: 1,560, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Mar 22, 2007, 09:25 PM
    It would be better if the 2" is connected upstream so the toilet does not flow past it.
    NOVA06 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2007, 02:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by doug238
    it would be better if the 2" is connected upstream so the toilet does not flow past it.

I thought the same . The only practical way I see to accomplish that would be to replace the existing closetbend/side inlet with a 90 degree bend with an "in-line" end inlet. The lav/tub drain would still go directly through the toilet drain bend. Actually, that might work a bit better from an install standpoint even if the performance is unchanged.

Thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Slow Bathroom Sink Drain - but Tub and Toilet Drain Fine [ 4 Answers ]

I am hoping that someone can offer a suggestion to solve my problem. We recently purchased a 60 year old home. The sink in one of our bathrooms drains completely fine until the water has run for about 5 minutes and then all of a sudden it starts to back up and then drains very slowly. I have...

Distance from Tub/Lav vent to main vent. [ 1 Answers ]

Referring to the attached sketch, The existing sink drain has a vent that serves both it and the tub. When I relocate my sink, it adds about 4 more feet of length to the distance between the sink/tub vent and the main waste vent. This effectively makes it 10 feet. I believe this is likely too far...

Moving drain in custom shower, whirlpool tub and toilet on concrete slab [ 4 Answers ]

I am finalizing plans to update a master bathroom that sits on a concrete slab. My question is: can shower, whirlpool tub and toilet drain holes be moved without drilling into the concrete? If so, what is the maximum amount that the holes can be repositioned without having to drill? I would...

Lav drain angle to wall? [ 2 Answers ]

New lav -want to put it 6 feet away from old location-How much slope do I need to the wall drain outlet? To put it another way- how far above the wall outlet does the outlet from the trap have to be? Thanks

Tub drain gurgles when toilet flushed [ 1 Answers ]

When I flush the toilet, the bathtub drain makes a gurgling noise. There is not any water coming into the tub, but is the sign of a future problem?

View more questions Search