Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Scott Beach Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2013, 01:43 AM
    Rolling 401k to IRA to Australian super company
    Hi,
    Can I roll my 401k directly into an IRA account and then have it directly rolled into my Superannuation company in Australia... Would this incur less financial penalties.
    I am an American Citizen living and working in Australia.

Thank you
    Scott
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 16, 2013, 03:12 AM
    If you pay US taxes, then this would not avoid any penalties.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rolling 90% of 401k into IRA and cashing out balance [ 1 Answers ]

Since I am no expert on this, let me first say what I have heard, and then you can correct me if needed. I have heard that if someone age 55 or older retires from their employer, and is no longer a active employee, that they can cash out their 401k monies and only pay regular income tax on it, no...

Moving 401k funds to rollover IRA while still employed at the same company [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I was told that you can withdraw your retirement funds and then get them back in within 60 days and not have to pay any penalties. If this is correct, does this mean that I can withdraw my 401k funds and move them into a rollover IRA within 60 days without any penalties? Thanks in advance...

Rolling 401k to an IRA [ 2 Answers ]

I have heard that you can roll a 401k into an IRA with no penalty. I have also heard that you can make a one time penalty free $10,000 withdrawal from an IRA for a first time home buyer. If both of these are true is this a potnetial way to get around the penalty from making the withdrawal...

Rolling stones and super bowl [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know how much the rolling stones will be paid for super bowl xl?

View more questions Search