Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    taylorjo77 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2013, 07:12 AM
    is my ankle broken?
    so at soccer two weeks ago I rolled my ankle and it popped. I just played it off and thought it would get better. Now every time I walk or move my foot there is a sharp pain all the way up the left side of my leg, should I ask my parents to get an x-ray? Or is it just sprained?
    taxesforaliens Posts: 649, Reputation: 117

May 15, 2013, 07:20 AM
    I doubt that it's broken, you probably wouldn't be able to walk if it was. However, since you are still in pain 2 weeks after the injury, you should go see a doctor.
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

May 15, 2013, 07:24 AM
    Why have you waited for 2 weeks to see a doctor for an injury? Why do you even need to think about going to a doctor for an injury?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

May 15, 2013, 07:26 AM
    Let's see (trying to be serious), you want us to use X ray vision over the internet?
    I don't think the home x ray machine has arrived yet.
    Go see an orthopedist or sports clinic.
    Popping and so on tells us little. You may have just pinched a nerve, but you may also have ripped a tendon or ligament.
    Many of us can tell you, the longer you wait, the harder it is to treat, because scar tissue forms and hardens, and removing it just creates more scar tissue.

Meanwhile, get the most expensive ankle bandage you can afford, keep off your feet if possible, and soak your foot in a warm pot of water when sitting. Gently rotate it and massage it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Broken ankle - when can I drive again [ 4 Answers ]

I broke the 2 bones either side of my right ankle on 11th January, I am now walking without assistance am I all right to drive again?

Broken Ankle Joint [ 2 Answers ]

I fractured my ankle join a few weeks back. I'm walking normally now and have no cast or crutches but I'm getting physio therapy on it. He gave me some exercises to do at home but I really don't notice any improvement. I work walking arounf for 4 hours per day and I'm usually very active. ...

Broken ankle problem [ 1 Answers ]

I broke my ankle about 5 weeks ago and a few days later had 11 screws and a plate put in surgically on the outside of my left ankle. I have not been in a ton of pain recently, just discomfort. However, around 4:00 today I experienced sharp pain and increased discomfort. I iced it and took some pain...

Ankle surgery broken tibia/fibula [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I broke my tibia/fibula and had ankle surgery needing plates and screws etc.. This was in January and I was not able to put any weight on that leg/foot for 3mos. Now I have a cam boot and have started to apply weight as tolerated with a walker or crutches. I have started PT and am in so much...

How long does a Broken Ankle take to heal? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I broke my Ankle in January 2009, both of the bones and had an operation and got nine screws put in and I finally got a job and during the day it swells up, but on the next morning it is a lot better, any advise what I can do to make it better, besides not walking, I have a job where I sit...

View more questions Search