Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    2cozy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2013, 12:03 PM
    Electrical questions and answers
    I'm putting a new bathroom fan in. So far I've put 3 fans in and none of them seem to pull the air from the room. I put a tissue near the fan and it doesn't grab it until it right up against the fan. The room should use a fan that recirculates the air at 150 CFM, and the room is 320 cu/ft. When I go into the attic to check it the exhaust is blowing just fine. There seems to be no damper problems. I have more air circulation than I need; what's up? There is a 1 inch gap between the door and the floor.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 11, 2013, 01:24 PM
    Exhaust fans do not circulate the air they evacuate or exhaust it outside. To do that there must be an equal amount of fresh makeup air entering the building. Open a nearby window and see if the fan pulls more, your home may be too tight
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

May 11, 2013, 08:11 PM
    I don't know what you expect. You admit the fan is blowing into the attic. Pressure moves a lot more air than suction. With a 1" gap, you should have enough air flow. Close the bath door, turn on the fan and use tissue strips at the floor gap. I bet you see air flow.

PS 320 cubic feet is a small bath 5x8? That fan should be fine.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Electrical questions answers [ 3 Answers ]

I have a lighting circuit with no earth, what size earth cable shall I put in please? Thank you

Electrical questions and answers [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 5000 watt generator. Just went through a three day power outage. Generator was a life saver, but I can could not heat water in my electric water heater, as the generator is not large enough (5000w). My generator manual says WH draws 4500 watts and has a surge draw of 11,700; above my...

Electrical questions answers [ 2 Answers ]

My mother lives in an older house. Some of the outlets are wired with 14/2 w/earth gnd (3 pronged outlets). Some are wired with 14/2 w/o earth gnd (2 pronged outlets). My mother uses a lot of "cheater plugs" (adapts 3 pronged cords to 2 pronged outlets). This leaves the appliance cases...

Electrical questions answers [ 2 Answers ]

Is their as certain distance the back of an electrical outlet needs to be from the outside wall and if there is and I don't meet the requirements can I install a nail plate behind it.

Answers to questions on electrical [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 12 volt battery on a boat with a lot hooked to it ,the question is can I use a pos bus bar for the pos stuff and a negative bus bar for the negative stuffwithout doing any harminstead of having many wires hooked at the battery I'll have one pos and one negative.

View more questions Search