Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Alex1234567890 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2013, 01:41 PM
    Herpes
    Hello. I was today at doctor's for yearly check up. I asked her few questions about herpes, since I found out few months back that I have it. I was mostly consider about my sexual life, and she said that I don't have to worry about it, that herpes is a common virus, that as long as I use condom and don't plan being pregnant I don't have to tell new partner. She calmed me down since I was freaking out ( interent is not a good place to find answers to this questions! :) ). Anyway when I left the office, one more question pop up to my mind. She said I shouldn't be worried about sex, as long as I use condom. BUt what about oral sex?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Apr 29, 2013, 06:32 PM
    Im shocked at what your doctor had to say. You should never hide a STD from a potential partner. That is so unethical and imoral Im taken aback by that suggestion. You should seek out a doctor that can give you proper care and advice. This one in my opinion is irresponsible.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 29, 2013, 07:09 PM
    I agree with cdad. I'm shocked that a doctor would advise you not to tell a partner that you have an STD. That's morally wrong, unethical, and could in some cases even be criminal (if you have a deadly disease that you don't disclose)

You need to find a doctor that actually paid attention in med school and also has morals, and ethics. This one doesn't.

As for oral sex. You can pass on herpes via oral sex. A condom should be worn then as well. But not until you tell your partner the risks of having any sexual contact with you. Condoms fail.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 29, 2013, 07:30 PM
    Does this doctor actually have a license to practice medicine? If so, it should be revoked.

Yes, it is your responsibility to tell EVERY sexual partner you have that you have herpes.

As for oral sex, yes it can be passed on. If a woman has herpes, her partner should use a dental dam. If the man has herpes he should be wearing a condom.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Herpes [ 2 Answers ]

Male having sex with woman for 14 months. All of a sudden she has herpes could I have given it to her. Average twice. A week for 14 months. Could I have had it that long and now she just got it

Could it be herpes? [ 2 Answers ]

I get small absyess on my waist, thighs, and around my vagina (not in) they last few days and go away, they leave dark scars, I am wondering if its bad? Or is it herpes? I THINK I am algeric to elastic... but I want someone who knows to tell me.

I think I have herpes please help. [ 3 Answers ]

HI I think I have herpes but I have no pain or itch. I do have abnormal discharge, white and early stage of outbreak. I have it for almost 5 months, I have not been sexually active for over 7 months... please help.

Do I have herpes? [ 1 Answers ]

I found a sore on my vagina, its red around the edges and whitish in the middle.. its pretty small and I only have one... I've been researching herpes on the internet, and can't tell whether I have it or not... Its flat it doesn't hurt or burn when I pee... I haven't had sex for about two years...

Difference between herpes & herpes antibodies? [ 2 Answers ]

I was wondering, because I was told in February that I have genital herpes, and that my blood work was showing I was having a current outbreak, but I didn't have no soars, My gynecologist said that I been exposed to it and that I have the antibodies for it meaning that Its possible I may never get...

View more questions Search