Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    leevh Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2013, 01:35 PM
    Inheritance of real estate from father and step mother
    My mother die first and then my dad, there are seven children living, who has the right to sell the house that is paid for?
    leevh Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2013, 01:38 PM
    My mother die and then my father, there are 7 of us living, house is paid for, who can sell the house?
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Apr 28, 2013, 03:24 PM
    I have moved your questions into a new thread.

The answer depends on how the property was owned. If they owned it jointly with right of survivorship (also called tenancy by the entirety, when, as in your case, the owners are husband and wife), the personal representative of your father's estate would be the one. If they owned it in common, half would go to the estate of each. In either case, you need to see a probate attorney.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 28, 2013, 03:53 PM
    Also did either of them have a will. It also depends on where the property is.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Step mother's estate [ 1 Answers ]

Do I have any rights to my ex step mothers estate? In Ohio

Father and step mother die without will who gets the estate [ 2 Answers ]

Father died in 1993, no will. Step mother died in May 2010. Who is entitled to the house that is still in fathers name and step mother moved out of 5 yrs before she died

Inheritance tax on real estate (in india) [ 4 Answers ]

I inherited real estate from my mother in India which will be sold, the proceeds of which will be sent to me in the United States. Am I taxed on this inheritance and how do I transfer the funds without tax consequence. Do I need a tax attorney in the States and how do I go about finding one with...

Inheritance real estate [ 3 Answers ]

Please help me out! My father recently passed away. He has children but not with his recent spouse. He is the owner of real estate / house He is married since 3 years, but the property is on his name only. What will happen to the estate?

Real Estate Inheritance Taxes [ 1 Answers ]

My father is 90, my mother is 89, both will have birthdays later this year. They own, outright, 2 pieces of property. One a home in So. California and one a vacation cabin in Minnesota. The California home is approximately worth $300,000.00 and the cabin is About $200,000.00. My 2 brothers will...

View more questions Search