Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Heathbaby4 Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Apr 27, 2013, 02:09 PM
    Boyfriends going to a strip club for bachelor party tonight I can't relax!
    I just need people to talk to right now to keep my mind off it! We have been together for over a year. He haven't been out without me since we meet. Blah blah blah... Lol.. I told him not to get a lap dance. He thinks strip clubs are gross. I'm just going crazy! I don't want him to look! Please people cheer me up I can't stop crying he's leaving in 2 hrs! I feel like he hates me cause I'm like this.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 27, 2013, 02:16 PM
    He's going out with his friends. He's not going to a strip club because that's his thing. It's a bachelor party, and that's one of the things guys do for a bachelor party.

You're overreacting. Is he not allowed to go out and do things on his own? It sounds like you expect him to spend all his spare time with you. That's not healthy. In order for a relationship to work, you need to have alone time, time with friends, not every spare minute with each other.

Bottom line, you either trust him or you don't. If you trust him, there's no reason for tears or anxiety. Doesn't sound like you trust him.

Is that the case?
    Heathbaby4 Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Apr 27, 2013, 02:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    Is that the case?
    Yes I do trust him. I do have bad anxiety. In a past relationship I was cheated on when I was engaged and 7 months pregnant. I feel like that ruined me. I really don't want to push him away. Is just really bothers me thinking of him seeing naked girls. I know that if I went to a bachulerette party he wouldn't want me to look and guys striping. I just think its wrong in general.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 27, 2013, 02:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathbaby4 View Post
    Yes I do trust him. I do have bad anxiety. In a past relationship I was cheated on when I was engaged and 7 months pregnant. I feel like that ruined me. I really don't want to push him away. Is just really bothers me thinking of him seeing naked girls. I know that if I went to a bachulerette party he wouldn't want me to look and guys striping. I just think its wrong in general.
    Have you told him how you feel? Are you being realistic about how you feel, or is this all stemming from your past, not the present?

Yes, you were cheated on, and that sucks. But you are pushing away this guy because of something another guy did. That's really not fair to this guy. Is it?

If you have issues because of past experiences, you need to find a way to work through those issues. If you continue treating this guy the way you're treating him, because of something someone else did to you, like it or not, you will push him away.

Seeing a naked women at a strip club isn't the real issue here. You're just not admitting to yourself that the issue is one of trust. You don't trust him. You want to, but you don't, because of what happened before.

He's not your ex. Stop making him pay for your ex's mistakes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bachelor party [ 25 Answers ]

Hello everyone, thanks for reading. My boyfriend and I have been dating for 3years (long distance for 2years of it) We see each other every few months. Everything is good. We are planning on marrying and moving in together in about 2 or 3years. Today I was talking to him about bachelor parties...

Am I wrong to not want my fianc? To go to a strip club for his bachlorette party? [ 43 Answers ]

I have been with my fiancé for over six years. He knows that I am against strip clubs, as do his friends and brothers. He told me that he wasn't going to a strip club and that he really didn't want to. He is 28 and only been to one 3 times. It's not really his thing. His brothers and friends are...

Planning a Bachelor Party [ 5 Answers ]

Hi everyone! Sneezers here... this past weekend, I have been asked to plan one of my bud's bachelor party. Here's the thing... he's a devoutly religious man... so no strippers, strip clubs, prostitutes, drinking, smoking, etc. He wanted to get a few of his buddies, go to the beach, and just...

I went to a bachelor party [ 43 Answers ]

:confused: I went to a bachelor party "weekend" in Myrtle beach with 10 guys. It ended up Saturday night in a strip club. I did not tell my wife but when she asked id did tell her. Now she has gone of the deep end. What can I do?

View more questions Search