Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lileeob Posts: 51, Reputation: 2

Apr 22, 2013, 05:19 PM
    In Canada, how much does it cost to sue someone?
    I live in Canada and someone told me it was like 20 bucks to sue someone. Is this true?
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Apr 22, 2013, 05:36 PM
    Lawyers if you have any hope to win are much, MUCH more expensive however.
    lileeob Posts: 51, Reputation: 2

Apr 22, 2013, 05:39 PM
    What if you just represented yourself? I know it's not recommended but is it a possibility?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jun 3, 2014, 07:40 PM
    I see that this is in the small claims section. Are you planning to sue through small claims court?

The cost will depend on where you live. You'll need to call and find out the cost to file in your area.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How long does a Landlord have to sue a former tenant (in Ontario, Canada)? [ 1 Answers ]

I believe the Ontario Tribunal has a limit of one year from the incident to take action through the tribunal... is this correct? Regarding a civil suit... how long does a landlord have to sue a former tenant for damage in the landlord's home? If the tenant was not evicted, but moved out himself...

How much does it cost to go to Canada from Ghana [ 3 Answers ]

How much does it cost to go to Canada for a Visa from Ghana

How do I sue warranty company based outside canada [ 2 Answers ]

We had many problems with our boat which only has 2 warranty dealers in Canada so we got in touch with the warranty dealer in the states and were given permission to use another service dealer, the person who gave the go ahead has since been fired and now the company will not honour the payment for...

View more questions Search