Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hgopalan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2007, 11:17 AM
    Tax Liability
    Hi,
    I am a F1 Student living in cincinnati, OH since August 2006. I had worked on campus during 2006 and have received W2. I have the following questions:

1) There are no state taxes deducted. Do I need to pay any?
    2) Socialsecurity Tax/Medicare have been deducted. I don't think I am liable to pay them.
    3) What is the tax slab or exemption in dollars in Ohio?

Following are the details of my earnings and taxes:
    Gross pay = $297.98
    Local income Tax = $3.11
    federal income tax withheld - $0
    SSn wages = 147.98

I will appreciate if my questions are answered so that I can have it fixed for the year 2007 in advance.
    Country of origin and citizenship = INDIA

Thanks in advance,
    Harish
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Mar 23, 2007, 10:36 AM
    Harish:

The pay is so low that no state income taxes are due.

You do NOT have to file a federal income tax return because no federal income taxes were withheld. The same logic probably applies for Ohion state and local income taxes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Foreign Tax Deductions Against MD State Tax Liability [ 1 Answers ]

I worked in London for 8 months out of the year. I worked in Maryland the other 4 months. I know how to use foreign tax credits on my federal and social security liabilities. Is there any way to use foreign tax credits against my Maryland State and Local Tax liability? These taxes are for...

H1 and H4 tax Liability. [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am working in US since Sept '06 in US on H1B Visa. My Wife joined me here in US in Oct 06 on H4 Dependent VISA. As per the current W2 form from my employer, my Income is around $19500. Also I have already paid around $4100 towards Federal Taxes and around $1100 towards State taxes . I...

Tax Liability [ 2 Answers ]

I do payroll for a home based business - can someone tell me the approximate tax liability for an annual income of 14,640 for one of our employees who will be claiming 6 depdendents. She works part-time for us and this is her only income. Is there a table that I can download or some calculation....

Stock option tax liability when leaving US. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I need clarification on my (non-qualified) stock option tax liability. I arrived in the US on an L-1 visa in Jan this year, however, I will leave my employment and the US before the end of the year. I will then excerise and sell my company stock options (I have 1 month to do so after...

View more questions Search