Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    poppy copp Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2013, 09:53 AM
    Type of scorpion
    In the 50's we went camping in southeastern Utah. On the way to 4 corners, we camped by a river. I found a huge rollie pollie that was curled up. I picked it up and rolled it around in my hand. I then picked it up by the sides between my thumb and forefinger. To my shock it opened up and bright lime green legs, pinchers, and a stinger tail unfolded. I dropped it and watched it disappear into the brush. I have never seen that species in any book. Any ideas?
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Apr 14, 2013, 10:49 AM
    At a guess, it was possibly a bark scorpion that had recently eaten something high in copper salts. They come in just about all colors, from nearly translucent to almost black, depending on diet. Rich Ayrey in Arizona is fairly knowledgeable about the species in that area. Here's a page from his website about bark scorpions: <i>Centruroides sculpturatus</i> Ewing, 1928

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I do a bow and arrow and scorpion? [ 1 Answers ]

I can do a pretty good heel stretch... it feels comfortable and I know I have the flexibility to make it go even farther, however I just can't seem to pull it farther without losing my balance.. whenever someone stretches for me they can stretch it all the way up to my head... I can do my splits on...

Scorpion! [ 3 Answers ]

What are some good streches to become a really good flyer like for your scorpion and stuff. I recently made my high schools competitive team so I need to become a really good flyer(:

Scorpion in house [ 4 Answers ]

Scorpion, I saw one about three week ago, and another one yesterday, small one inch ( OK it was moving and I was crushing) so maybe a little larger. It was just crossing the front room floor. I have no idea how to get rid of them, and to be honest I did not know they were even around GA...

My dog might have been stung by a scorpion. [ 3 Answers ]

what do I do if my dog was stung by a scorpion?

Scorpion stings and donating [ 3 Answers ]

Okay so I was walking down the hall this morning minding my own when I stepped on a scorpion. (No idea where it came from! Our house is so clean you think I'd of seen it, except the lights were off. Anyway.) Well as you can probably guess the dumb thing stung me (for anyone who's never been stung...

View more questions Search