Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cheyennemarie22 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2013, 04:29 PM
    In the immediate aftermath of independence, did the indians forfeit their land?
    In the immediate aftermath of independence, Congress took the position that by aiding the British, the Indians had forfeited their lands. True or False?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 9, 2013, 04:48 PM
    I am really surprised that you can't find this answer; our whole culture both Canadian and US has developed around this problematic area and it is not resolved in Canada to this day.

You tell me after reading what you find and then I will tell you answer.

We don't answer homework questions, but assist if you try yourself.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Apr 9, 2013, 05:44 PM
    THINK. What Indians, where?
    Independence was declared when the US was a tiny portion of the east coast. Vast numbers of different Indian tribes populated at least 80% of the country and had never met a Brit, much less helped them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

If I forfeit on a land contract for a house [ 1 Answers ]

If I forfeit on a land contract for a house, can they attach my social security check?

Does the lessor forfeit the security deposit if the last month's rent is NOT paid. [ 2 Answers ]

I contacted my renter who did not pay their last months' rent. She wants me to deduct it out of the security deposit. However, this is not what was agreed upon in the lease contract. I reside in the same building where I rent the 1st floor unit. In Chicago, does the lessor forfeit their security...

Does a 4868 Extension change the refund forfeit date? [ 4 Answers ]

In early April 2007, I filed a form 4868 (automatic 6-month extension of time to file). I knew at the time that I was due a substantial refund for 2006. Due to some personal issues I am not going to go into here, I have organizational problems and am a late-filer. I have not yet filed my 2006...

Forfeit Deposit in California? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I did read the California renters law but still have a question about a deposit and I hope someone can help! A couple applied to rent my condo and verbally agreed to move in the first weekend in February (next weekend). They gave us a $1200 deposit equal to one months rent but did not...

Weekend forfeit for parent [ 1 Answers ]

I have primary physical custody of my child. Per the court order, the other parent gets one month out of the weekend besides their normal time. However, per the court order, if the parent decides to work that weekend, they forfeit that weekend. However, the other parent will not say so. The...

View more questions Search