Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Czosie Posts: 57, Reputation: 4

Oct 26, 2008, 10:54 PM

Poop or get off the pot, your going to drive your damn self crazy.. or you already have... You need to pull a braveheart type final stand, or get your butt moving onto something bigger and better.. Your obviously still VERY upset about this.. if your still searching for answers.. If you don't have the strength to tell her you want her back and take a crushing blow which starts the cycle all over again.. then pick up, move out, and become YOU again.
    SAB123 Posts: 685, Reputation: 94

Feb 11, 2009, 09:15 AM
    Dreaming of ex again
    I'm not quite sure where to put this question and I wasn't going to post it but, it seems like I have been waking up then realizing I have been dreaming of my ex fiancé more frequently. It has been 2 years since our break up and it's been 9-10 months since I had a ton of dreams of her. Why now after this long of time am I dreaming again of her. And it's pretty much the same type of dream but different scenerio's. So why am I dreaming of her again.
    jmw0713 Posts: 1,012, Reputation: 305
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2009, 10:20 AM

Because you miss her. Have you dated since your break-up?

Feb 11, 2009, 10:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jmw0713 View Post
    Because you miss her. Have you dated since your break-up.
    I dated 2 women for about a total of 6 weeks each. And was seeing another women that we kind of dated for about a year. We are still friends. But my dreams are mostly of me seeing ex and hiding from her so she don't see me. And me trying to see what she looks like now. And you may be rite there are some days I do miss her but I don't know why for what she did and how she treated me.
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2009, 10:46 AM

I've been having dreams about my ex too. It sucks...

Maybe it is you longing for the old relationship you had with her. You may still be keeping her on a pedestal. Has she some how crept back in your life?

Feb 11, 2009, 10:51 AM

No, the last time we saw each other was we were driving and we both were at same stop intersection. But that was a 1 1/2 ago.
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2009, 11:06 AM

Maybe they are deep memories of her finally leaving your brain. The brain has a way to desensitize itself to painful things. This maybe the case.
    jiltedgirl Posts: 125, Reputation: 23

Feb 12, 2009, 04:18 AM

It could be a number of reasons. Yes, they might bring up old feelings, but keep in mind that they're not reality; they're just dreams and nothing more.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. :)
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 12, 2009, 04:26 AM

I get the same thing sometimes, as the little cutie from the 6th grade haunts me, and she still is wearing the same pony tail she had back then. Strange, but normal. It will pass.
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Feb 12, 2009, 06:18 AM

Tal, not sure if dreams like that are normal ha ha! JK!

This is all normal, everyone dreams of an ex every once in awhile, it will pass and you will feel foolish for thinking it was a big deal.

Jun 5, 2009, 07:59 AM
    Angry about ex fiancé
    Lately I've been thinking about my ex and for how she treated me and all the evil things she did before and after she broke up with me. (And sometimes the good times, but not all the time). I do not want that piece of crap back, but when I'm by myself, usually when I'm driving or nothing to do I think about it. It's been about 28 months since the breakup but about 20 months since she stopped playing with my head and me letting go of her and pain going away. I think about it and my blood starts to boil about how she used me, always yelling at me , cutting me down, lied to to me, not giving back very expensive engagement ring, taking money for boobs then when she gets them breaking up with me ( I did see them for 2 seconds thou... LOL ), all the evil things she did before and after break up and me finding out last year she was seeing someone else when we were together. I am happy she broke up with me because, as TAL would say the emotional dust settled and I realized what garbage I was engaged too, but how do I stop thinking about her and me getting pissed about it. Last year I was fine but all of a sudden I'm thinking about it more. Does this mean I subconsciously want her back or what.
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Jun 5, 2009, 08:04 AM

No, it just means you had a lapse. Everyone has it sometimes
    none12345 Posts: 1,439, Reputation: 234
    Ultra Member

Jun 5, 2009, 08:05 AM

Its obvious you are still not over her completely yet even though its been a while now. Try to stop thinking about her by keeping yourself busy, go out with friends and eventually the anger will go away.

Jun 5, 2009, 08:07 AM

It's been gradually getting worse every day and it's been about 5 months when I started think more about it everyday.

Jun 5, 2009, 08:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by none12345 View Post
    Its obvious you are still not over her completely yet even though its been a while now. Try to stop thinking about her by keeping yourself busy, go out with friends and eventually the anger will go away.
    It only happens when I'm driving by myself, I'm usually pretty busy doing things.
    Ultra Member

Jun 5, 2009, 08:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by SAB123 View Post
    It's been gradually getting worse every day and it's been about 5 months when I started think more about it everyday.
    Then stop. Do you have nothing to do but sit around all day at home? Because that's when people start to think.

Become more attractive to other people. Make it your goal. Start studying to increase knowledge, go to the gym to work out to look better, go for jogs to keep in shape, get new clothes to style better, get a new haircut, work on a hobby like music, arts or whatever and then you will attract better people into your life.

Jun 5, 2009, 08:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by none12345 View Post
    I'm usually always busy, it's usually when I'm driving by myself or when I go to sleep by myself.. LOL.
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Jun 5, 2009, 08:14 AM

Thoughts are thoughts. They only become destructive when they control your actions. Sometimes stuff bothers us more than other times. It has nothing to do with you wanting her back, it just means you have more time to go.
    Ultra Member

Jun 5, 2009, 08:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by SAB123 View Post
    It only happens when I'm driving by myself, I'm usually pretty busy doing things.
    Oh okay. How about the radio and sing along? Ask a friend to come along? Make your favourite mix cd and listen to that?
    Triysle Posts: 245, Reputation: 84

Jun 5, 2009, 12:27 PM
    First of all, stop trying to control your emotions. Accept them, recognize them, and then deal with them through positive actions.

Stressed? Take up a sport like baseball, tennis, or racquetball so that you can beat the tar out of something and be rewarded instead of punished.

Emotionally hurting? Go buy a cheap keyboard or guitar and learn a few notes, or try some arts and crafts to build up your creativity and gain a sense of accomplishment.

Just completely drained? Find a spiritual outlet to draw support from (no denomination or structured religion is necessary; use the clarity of your emptiness to better focus on your higher consciousness).

You are not going to stop thinking about her, because you cannot control your thoughts. Even with mind-altering medication you will still think about that which is unpleasant to you. All you can control is your actions, and if you utilize your emotional energy constructively it will benefit you and those around you.

~ Tee

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why does she keep coming back [ 11 Answers ]

I started dating a girl in October. The first three weeks went well but after that everything went down hill. We would always argue and break up and get back together, it was crazy. We both have treated treated really badly at times. But neither one of us can let go of the other one exspecially...

An ex coming back [ 20 Answers ]

Hey guys, sorry I haven't posted in a while, I've been really busy with school and work. For those of you who don't remember, a little while back I was pretty messed up about my girlfriend of 2 years dumping me a little while after she started living at school (even though it was only like an hour...

Is my ex-coming back ? [ 23 Answers ]

Hello People, I would love anyone to jump in here and help me. I have been with this girl for 5 years. We were in love and were living together, and I was planing on proposing to her this June -- on her B-Day, and then this January I woke up one day and my life has completely changed. This girl...

Why does she keep coming back? [ 3 Answers ]

I started dating a girl in October. The first three weeks went well but after that everything went down hill. We would always argue and break up and get back together, it was crazy. We both have treated treated really badly at times. But neither one of us can let go of the other one exspecially...

View more questions Search