Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rashidig Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2013, 02:13 PM
    Ask human resources questions
    My extensive research led to finding there are no laws prohibiting the hiring of convicted felons.

My question is:

What are the reasons employers will not hire any that is a convicted felons?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Apr 8, 2013, 02:22 PM
    Im not sure where your looking but there are some jobs that you can not hire a felon for. One such example would be that you can't hire a felon to run the counter in a firearms store. Another is in the trucking industry there are areas where you can't hire a felon. You need to look a little deeper before we can begin to answer your question.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 8, 2013, 02:32 PM
    Libraries do not hire them because money is regularly handled by the staff and relationships with the public is very important, so a high standard of employees has to be met.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 8, 2013, 03:03 PM
    Simple, there is a saying that a leopard cannot change it's spots. Most employers will fear that a convicted felon will steal again.

I would think that's obvious.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Apr 8, 2013, 04:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    ... Most employers will fear that a convicted felon will steal again. ...
    Or, if not steal, commit some other crime.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ask human resources questions [ 2 Answers ]

After about a year of satisfied employment (good evaluations), my department informed me I would be filling the job duties of a vacant position, which are not at all typical job duties for my position, on top of my current job duties. When I asked how I would be able to get it all done, they (not...

Ask human resources [ 11 Answers ]

I have a question about discrimination in the work place. Is it discriminatory if I lose hours because I enrolled in class? I changed my availability temporarily, but was still getting hours. Now, I have no hours. I'm not fired either, that I know of anyway

Human Resources [ 12 Answers ]

What questions (at least FIVE questions) should we ask related to job and HRIS? Tq

Human Resources questions [ 1 Answers ]

1. What is the Career Scope for the person working in HR. 2. What is the basic concept of Team Buildind? How it can be useful for the Development of the company? 3. If a person who is physically Disable and is working in HR Wants to go to abroad like UK,USA. Is he capable of doing so?

View more questions Search