Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Gigirocksobx Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2013, 09:41 AM
    Child brought from England on Parents passport in 1983
    How do you fix a status for a child brought over on a parents passport in 1983 when they were 12 years old and given a social security number? They have gone to and gotten a degree from a 4 year college used the SSN and paid taxes... How do you make them a legal resident and get their green card ?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 7, 2013, 10:10 AM
    You ask about fixing status for a child, and then you refer to "them."

The parents have been illegal immigrants since they came to the US on passports? Something else?

Apr 7, 2013, 12:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    You ask about fixing status for a child, and then you refer to "them."

The parents have been illegal immigrants since they came to the US on passports? Something else?
    What about the children who were brought over and are now adults 30 years later?

Apr 7, 2013, 12:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigirocksobx View Post
    What about the children who were brought over and are now adults 30 years later?
    Say they were here on a 5 year visa it ran out and was not renewed. The children were brought over on the visa/ passport by their parents. What is their status and how do you "fix" it

Apr 7, 2013, 04:56 PM
    Children brought over on parents passport
    How do you resolve an issue for a child brought over in 1983 on their parents passport and visa that expired in 1988 after which they were told citizenship would be granted with a college degree. 30 years later after working and using their social security number and paying taxes they realize this is not true. How do they resolve their status to make themselves legal?( the child)
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Apr 7, 2013, 05:28 PM
    What country?

Apr 7, 2013, 05:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lawanwadee View Post
    what country?
    Usa
    Uber Member

Apr 7, 2013, 05:57 PM
    I asked you a very specific question - "The parents have been illegal immigrants since they came to the US on passports? Something else?"

Without that info I would suggest that you retain a good US Immigration Attorney.

Apr 7, 2013, 06:54 PM
    usa
    Brought from England to USA sorry
    Immigration Expert

Apr 7, 2013, 06:59 PM
    Brought from England to USA sorry

Can you explain what happened? Need to know what type of visa you entered US, and how you become US citizen, etc.

Apr 7, 2013, 07:38 PM
    Can you explain what happened? Need to know what type of visa you entered US, and how you become US citizen, etc.
    That's the problem citizenship was never established; a social security number that was not valid for employment was given with visa but the number has been used and taxes have been paid. Now have been asked to fill out an I-9 and don't have an alien #
    Immigration Expert

Apr 7, 2013, 08:04 PM
    That's the problem citizenship was never established; a social security number that was not valid for employment was given with visa but the number has been used and taxes have been paid. Now have been asked to fill out an I-9 and don't have an alien #
    If I understand this correctly, you overstayed your visa for a very long time. To fix this problem is not easy and need all details. You should consult experienced immigration attorney.

In regards to the passport question, contact the nearest British consulate to apply for new passport. New passport will be issued separately.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Apr 7, 2013, 08:52 PM
    <Threads merged>

Please ask the same question only once.

Apr 8, 2013, 04:20 AM
    If I understand this correctly, you overstayed your visa for a very long time. To fix this problem is not easy and need all details. You should consult experienced immigration attorney.

In regards to the passport question, contact the nearest British consulate to apply for new passport. New passport will be issued separately.
    Will it be taken into consideration the age at which the person was brought into the USA and had no say as to where their parents took them?
    Uber Member

Apr 8, 2013, 06:56 AM
    I'm not sure if you're arguing for or against citizenship. Of course it matters - right up until you became legal age. If I am reading this correctly you are presently 42 years of age. How have you negotiated SS and other Federal/State laws?

I'll say it again - you need to retain an Immigration Attorney. No one here works for Immigration and can answer your question.
    Immigration Expert

Apr 8, 2013, 07:14 AM
    Will it be taken into consideration the age at which the person was brought into the USA and had no say as to where their parents took them?
    I cannot answer without ALL details about your case. You may be qualified under certain category, or maybe not. If you are uncomfortable to tell your story here, then you should retain an experienced immigration attorney.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My son has fallen in love with a girl that her parents brought here illegally . [ 0 Answers ]

My son has fallen in love with a girl that her parents brought her here illegally What do we do?

I live in England, lost my Portuguese ID card and passport. [ 3 Answers ]

What do I need to do to make new documents

Live in england lost my portuguese passport [ 4 Answers ]

I have lived in England for 10 years I am originally from portugal I have lost my passport and need a new one I have an id card but it has expired I have tried contacting the portuguese consulate in manchester and I have sent them numerous e-mails no response does anyone know how I can get a new...

My parents brought me to life for what reason again? [ 3 Answers ]

Good day everyone! Here is my life story put in a small version! Im 25 yrs old and I've been living with my father for the past 5 years. I got married at the age of 17 yrs old in order to get out of the house! Which I divorced 4 years after... Prior to that all my life I was living with my...

View more questions Search