Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jakesbabylove Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2007, 11:19 PM
    My 1 yr old cat who has never had kittens is lactating to an adopted 7 month old.
    My 1 yr old cat, who has never had a litter of kittens, is lactating to my 7 month old adopted kitten. Is it even possible for him to make her lactate, or is there a possibility of her being pregnant? She got outside almost 2 months ago during her heat, but has no physical signs of pregnancy. Prehaps she miscarried, and is still lactating due to the kittens suckling. Is this even possible? Please help!
    mrscoltweaver Posts: 240, Reputation: 20

Mar 22, 2007, 11:30 AM
    First of all, are you sure there is milk? A lot of cats will form a bond and do this out of comfort... The gestation for a cat is about 2 months so if your cat is indeed lactating, she A) is indeed pregnant and due to give birth at any time or B) is having a false pregnancy. If you are worried about her, take her to a vet who can palpate her abdomen to see if she is pregnant. A false pregnancy will have all of the characteristics of a real one-not harmful. Please spay her ASAP or she will keep trying to get out to "meet friends" not to mention making love to your house shoes, sometimes loudly!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I tell if this cat had kittens? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi! I am new here and I have been trying to find out some information about mother cats. I have recently started feeding a stray cat that seems to live in the woods behind my apartment building.She looks like she may have recently had kittens, but I have not seen them yet. I am not sure if she is...

My cat had 2 kittens they are 1 day old how long before my cat go's outside [ 7 Answers ]

My cat has just has 2 beautiful kittens she has been with them since she had them but she has come downstairs and seems to want to go outside they are just over 1 day old and both seem fine but I don't want my cat to leave them for to long. I'm not sure if she wanted to go to the litter tray as I...

Is my cat leaving her kittens? [ 10 Answers ]

I appologize for bothering you for this concern. A couple of days ago, I adopted a pregnant cat from the shelter (because they usually end up euthenizing them since nobody wants them) and she had 7 kittens yesterday from noon until 6:30. She's been really good about feeding them, but earlier...

How to litter train adult adopted cat [ 1 Answers ]

We have adopted an 8 year female cat that has never been litter trained since she has been an "outside" cat. How do we get her to use litter?

Help! My cat just had her first litter of kittens... [ 1 Answers ]

My charteux is about 3 or 4, and she had her first litter of 5 kittens in the early am Tuesday.1 kitten died. But the other 4 are fine. Was wondering if the kitten escapes there spot where she has them is it OK to pick them up and put them back where they were? And also how do I know if they are...

View more questions Search