Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jacquelines_problems Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2007, 07:51 PM
    Lump on head
    Hi, I googled this site when I typed in lumps on head, and found the same types of questions I am wondering. My symptoms are a little different. I have these (three) little bumps about the size of a pea, to a nickel in size on the back of my head. No it has nothing to do with hair, I can feel it under my skin. They are sensitive to the touch and getting worse everyday. At first I only noticed it because my hairdresser said I had a lump on my head and was asking if I had hurt myself... then a few days later it starts to hurt and then two more appear, but these lower and more towards my neck. I have not been sick for some time now, (months) and I have no other sick symptoms. My nose is clear, throats perfect, and lungs are great. I am terrified! A friend of mine was just diagnosed with thyriod cancer and she found out because of a similar lump... what do you suggest. I do not have health insurance so seeing a doctor for something that is just going to go away is pointless but at the same time if it is cancerous I was to stop it before it spreads obviously. If you were me and you had moderatly painful bumps on the back of your head, but limited funds what route would you take. Is there a liable reason for these lumps, has any symptoms set off any alarms? Let me know your opinion and I will take it from there!
    Thanks!
    CliffARobinson Posts: 1,416, Reputation: 101
    Ultra Member

Jan 31, 2012, 05:48 PM
    It could be Folliculitis, (aka: Pseudofolliculitis barbae; Tinea barbae; Barber's itch), which has turned into an infection and caused your Lymph Nodes to swell. Antibiotics would be needed if, in fact it had gone to infection. If it is Folliculitis, it can take a few weeks for them to go away. They can come back, and are sometimes related to stress. It could also be infected cysts, which could also require antibiotics.

Sure, the mind goes right to the worst possible problem, but the bottom line is you need to get it checked out if it shows no signs of getting better. An urgent care, clinic, or county health center are all cost effective solutions when one doesn't have health insurance.

In summary, I would go to one of the aforementioned lower-cost alternative health providers if it showed no signs of improving by reducing in size.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Painful underarm lumps [ 17 Answers ]

Good morning. I am a 41-year-old woman. My mother had cancer in her left breast and died of widespread metastatic bone cancer last year. I am religious with getting my annual physicals and mammograms and just had both in February. I am trying not to be paranoid however… A few weeks ago I noticed...

Painful lumps on my fingers [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there, recently and also last winter I hve got these smallish painful lumps on my fingers and the side of my right hand. When I knock them it is really painful :( they are very tender... what causes this and what can I do? Thank you, katielyn

Painful under arm lumps [ 1 Answers ]

My daughther is having a painful lump under her arm. What is the cause of this?

View more questions Search