Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ayesha94 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2013, 04:09 AM
    Vision problems - Can't find answer on the internet. Nor anyone with the same symptom
    Hi, I'm 18 years old. I keep seeing white flashy lights along with tiny black dots that NEVER goes away. Sometimes when I wake up after a long sleep they get brighter and then when I start ignoring them it gets less noticeable [it is ALWAYS there!], but maybe I'm just getting used to it. I first started noticing these when I was 16, but I think they have been there even before.
    I can't find anyone with the same symptom on the internet. It is mostly about floaters and blind spots, also migraine. Their stuff lasts about 10-20 minutes. :( I do not get headaches that often, and I doubt this is about floaters.
    I got my head checked, but there weren't any problems. My ear got infected once, and they sometimes hurt when I use headphones too much. Heh. I am short-sighted. (-5) Also, I'm underweight.
    I'm very worried. This has been bugging me for too long. So if anyone has any information, let me know a.s.a.p. I'm going crazy over here. Also, I'm terrified of doctors. :P
    Thank you.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 1, 2013, 05:25 AM
    Floaters do not go away in 20 minutes, most are always there, I have them, and it is like small bugs flying past my vision all the time, I get used to them and only notice the larger ones, that look like threads unless I am looking into a brighter light.

The flashes are often not related if it is floaters but can be a issue also. Look into it as two separae issues
    scott53715 Posts: 165, Reputation: 10

Apr 1, 2013, 05:40 AM
    Why haven't you gone to an optometrist?? Screwing around with your vision now will lead to?? Yea, you don't know. Get checked-out by someone who knows eyes for a living. Don't go to some cheap eye glass store. Go to a real doctor.
    Ayesha94 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2013, 07:37 AM
    Thanks, I am planning to go but I wanted to see some opinions first. Looks like this is a very serious matter haha o.O

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

vision problems [ 1 Answers ]

I had a brain aneurism burst bak in 2009 an it was located In the back left side if my head. When it busted it caused me to lose my perifial vision in the top right of my right eye an they said it can't be cut out or I would be blind the rest of my life so they decided to do radiation sugery. Well...

Find answer math word problems [ 2 Answers ]

The result of a survey of 100 families showed that 75 families used the towns swimming pool, 20 families used the town tennis courts, and 15 families used both the pool and courts. What fraction of the families surveyed used neither the pool nor the courts?

Vision problems with new glasses [ 2 Answers ]

I recently got an eye exam and my doctor actually stepped the strength of my prescription back a bit. He said my eyes were healthy with no problems. I almost always wear contacts, and only wear my glasses when my eyes are tired or my contacts are bugging me, which is extremely rare. I tried...

View more questions Search