Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MadisonParks Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2013, 06:48 AM
    If your parents approve of you dating a 18 year old when your 15 is it okay?
    I am 15 and my boyfriend is 18. His parents are worried that he is going to get turned in for rape but we do NOT have sex or any of that stuff. Could he get turned in for rape even thought we don't have sex? And if his parents approve is it okay to still be with him?
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 31, 2013, 06:52 AM
    That's really a matter for the 15 year old girls parents.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 31, 2013, 06:53 AM
    Do you kiss him? Make out? Yeah, he can get in trouble for that depending on where you live.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 31, 2013, 07:06 AM
    It is the girl's parents that matter here. Also your location may matter. But if your parents approve and there is no sexual activity then there should be no problem.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Mar 31, 2013, 07:24 AM
    Do your parents approve? His parents are at least thinking.

Mar 31, 2013, 09:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    Do you kiss him? Make out? Yeah, he can get in trouble for that depending on where you live.
    I live in Ohio

Mar 31, 2013, 09:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Homegirl 50 View Post
    Do your parents approve? His parents are at least thinking.
    Yes, my parents love him.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 31, 2013, 09:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by MadisonParks View Post
    yes, my parents love him.
    But will they allow you to be alone on a date with him?

Mar 31, 2013, 10:13 AM
    The age of consent in OH is 16. However, the law refers to a prohibition against sexual conduct, which I didn't see specifically defined. So anything more than kissing or holding hands could trigger it.

But here's the thing. If your parents really like him and you have no intention of engaging in sexual conduct, then why would his parents be worried? I think you need to get both sets of parents together so they can relieve any concerns.

Mar 31, 2013, 01:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    But will they allow you to be alone on a date with him?
    Yes.

Mar 31, 2013, 01:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    The age of consent in OH is 16. However, the law refers to a prohibition against sexual conduct, which I didn't see specifically defined. So anything more than kissing or holding hands could trigger it.

But here's the thing. If your parents really like him and you have no intention of engaging in sexual conduct, then why would his parents be worried? I think you need to get both sets of parents together so they can relieve any concerns.
    He turned 18 and they all of a sudden started worrying because now thear scared that someone will turn him in.

Mar 31, 2013, 01:56 PM
    If he hasn't done anything illegal what can he be turned in for? Again it is not illegal to date, just to have sexual contact.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Mar 31, 2013, 02:08 PM
    If my 18 year old son was dating and being a lone with a 15 year old girl, I would be concerned as well. Hormones are powerful things.

Mar 31, 2013, 02:57 PM
    Define "alone". No I wouldn't allow them to be alone in a house and I would check where they were going so they wouldn't be likely to be alone in a car.

But the age gap is not that great. And is the two children are known to both parents, it shouldn't be a problem.

If his parents are concerned, there may be a lack of trust of their son.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to get my parents to approve my marriage [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, Ive presented my spouse to my parents but my dad is rejecting him simply because he is from another village.We are both cameroonians from the north west region and the only difference is the village.How can I convince my dad to approve my marriage

My parents do not approve of my boyfriend! [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I'm 22 and I have just graduated from university. I'm British Indian and in my culture it is custom to start looking for a partner at a young age. My parents think this is a ripe age for me to start looking for a potential husband. However, I already have a boyfriend (we've been going out...

Is there a law against 16 year old dating 18 year old if parents object ? [ 18 Answers ]

I know a 16 year old who is dating a 19 year old and her parents object. They have sex on a regular basis. Is there any law against her parents forcing her to test and see if she is having sex with the 19 year old even if she does not want to test?

Is it legal for a 18 year old to date a 15 year old if the parents approve? [ 7 Answers ]

I just want to know if it is legal for a 18 year old to date a 15 year old if the 15 year old's parents say it is OK?

My parents don't approve career paths [ 19 Answers ]

Hey watsup guys? I don't know if this is the right thread but somehow I love posting in the relationship forum! =P Feel free to move this post if necessary. Anyway the problem is that I have an absolute passion for music and I would love to pursue a career in that area. I want to travel and tour...

View more questions Search