Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    elizabethpayge Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2007, 03:41 PM
    Weightloss pills
    What is the most effective weightloss pill on the market?
    I am trying to lose the last few pounds left over from my pregnancy. Once the weight is off, I will have no problem keeping it off. I'm just tired of not being in my skinny jeans!
    Lucyenyc Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2007, 07:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by elizabethpayge
    I am trying to lose the last few pounds left over from my pregnancy. Once the weight is off, I will have no problem keeping it off. I'm just tired of not being in my skinny jeans!
    I'm currently using a pill called phentermine and they're brilliant. I've lost 7lbs this week alone! I know it will be a struggling keeping the weight off when I have to stop using them but I'll just have to manage. I refuse to this weight for any longer. Good luck
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Mar 21, 2007, 08:00 AM
    Phentermine is an appetite supressor, it's important you use it only to suppress overeating, and not use it just to stop eating all together.

Here's some more details

Phentermine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Lucyenyc Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2007, 08:04 AM
    Yeh I totally agree. I had a very big appetite before trying these pills, so I use them to control my hunger and so I can decide what to eat and when and not eat what my eyes tell me to. I eat around 1300 cals per day now so I'm definitely not starving myself of food
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Mar 21, 2007, 10:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by elizabethpayge
    There's a lot of pills on the market, that will help you lose weight, and this is a way anybody can lose weight fast, but it doesn't guarantee lowering body fat percentages. Rapid weight loss is a large percentage from fluid losses, which you can regain, Fluid is lost from cells as the body burns the remaining stores of carbs in the muscles and the metabolizes muscle protein for energy. Protein is used for energy which causes a weight loss through water, loss of protein lowers lean body weight and metabolism, which comes down to pounds of weight loss but only a few ounces of body fat burned. And when you stop using the pill most people regain the weight back, rather quickly. So while on these pill, your going to have to change the way you think about eating, You need exercise and a natural diet, it needs to be a lifetime plan. To lose weight, effectively, you need to cause a calorie deficit, below your normal, Reduce calories by at least 500 not more then 1000 per day. A steady weight loss of no more than 3 pounds a week, slowly lowering body fat equals permanent weight control limiting weight regain. Low fat, low sugar, whole grain, pasta, rice, cereals, low fat, skim dairy, fruits and veggies. The most important part of this is serving size, a serving of meat is 3 oz, no sweets, like sodas, cakes, cookies, less fatty meat, no processed food. And then 4-5 times a wek you need to exercise. Pills can give you a kick start to feeling and looking better but you need to change diet and exercise more. For lasting results.:)
    Neversuspectme Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2007, 01:02 PM
    YOU ALL CAN do these CRAZY DIETS AND PILLS they do not work!!
    Or you may lose some weight but you will need to do a whole 180 in eating habits to keep it off IT WILL COME BACK PLUS Look in to the food groups they are there for a reason!! Plus 8 glasses water a day

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My dog is seriously unhappy with her weightloss diet plan... [ 20 Answers ]

I am struggling to keep my Rottweiler's hunger and weight under control. Her vet recommended feeding her 2 cups of Hill's Science Diet Lite Large breed dog food and 2 cans of green beans a day along with a nice walk. Well, this is turning into a disaster!! She's acting like a staved dog. She's...

Need Help in Weightloss Area [ 1 Answers ]

Hi new here and I just had a Baby Six Months ago and One two years before that and I Gained a lot of weight I gained 80POUNDS and about 70 to 75 the second and I c-sect the second and only 10 pound lose I lost most of the weight the first and I need to do it again but what is the best diet or way...

View more questions Search