Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alanad123 Posts: 102, Reputation: 5

Mar 28, 2013, 01:44 PM
    Bloating stomach?
    I have the most bloated stomach I've ever experienced, I wake up with a flat stomach, then it gets bigger during the day making me look pregnant, I've taken tests and I'm not pregnant, so what could this be? How could I prevent it?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 28, 2013, 01:54 PM
    How old are you?

Mar 28, 2013, 01:54 PM
    I'm 18
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 28, 2013, 01:55 PM
    My guess is you have weak abs. Do you exercise at all, crunches or sit ups?

Mar 28, 2013, 01:57 PM
    I've been doing sit ups for a few weeks trying to get my abs strong again, I've also started jogging too and eating healthy
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 28, 2013, 02:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by alanad123 View Post
    I've been doing sit ups for a few weeks trying to get my abs strong again, I've also started jogging too and eating healthy
    Do some of the yoga poses too (twice a day) that will strengthen abs.

Mar 28, 2013, 02:05 PM
    Thank you
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 28, 2013, 02:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by alanad123 View Post
    Thank you
    Been there, done that -- and wishing you tight abs!

Biking on stationary or regular bike is good too.
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Mar 28, 2013, 03:47 PM
    You might also see your doctor. There can be medical conditions that can cause bloating. That said, a lot of girls your age have really distorted views of your own body. I've seen girls describe that they are bloated when they actually are just getting a woman's more curvy body, and they aren't bloated at all. Some even have perfectly flat abs, but are looking for flaws in themselves and imagine flaws that aren't there.

If it's digestive, just eat plenty of fiber and drink water. It might make you feel more bloated at first as your body adjust, but once you get used to it, drinking 8 to 10 glasses of water and eating plenty of fruit (not juice), vegetables and whole grains will keep your bowels moving, which will prevent you from getting or feeling bloated.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Severe stomach bloating and hardness [ 11 Answers ]

For about a week, maybe longer, I have been experiencing severe bloating in my upper stomach. It looks like I'm pregnant. My stomach is harder than a rock and it hurts from being so stretched out. At night I have to sleep with a pillow under my belly so it won't hurt. And it is making me have to...

Abdominal pain, bloating, breathing short and can't lay on stomach [ 5 Answers ]

I got into bed tonight and was laying on my stomach and I started to get a sharp pain in my central lower abdomen, I sat up and felt nauseous and had very short breaths and felt like I had forgotten to breathe properly. My hands became a little shaky and body tense and a little twitchy. Also, I'm...

Stomach pain and bloating... [ 2 Answers ]

I missed my period and now having pain all throughout my stomach I am bloated and feel like vomiting after ever meal. What does this mean?

Am I pregnant, I've been bloated, full stomach, no appetite, uneasy stomach feeling. [ 3 Answers ]

I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend 4weeks ago, the next day I took the pill. The next week I was fatigue, bloated constantly, and a full stomach feeling with slight and shard cramps. This week I've been having slight shard chest pains. I was due for my period last the 12th, the beginning of...

Period due but no period just stomach bloating [ 7 Answers ]

Well my period was due 5 days ago and it hasn't came. My stomach is just bloated and feels so uncomforting. Every time when my period is coming, my stomach gets a little bloated and then it comes on, but this time it just is bloated. I don't even have cramps just bloating. I feel embarrassed when I...

View more questions Search