Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zfish Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2007, 01:30 PM
    Leaking connection
    Greetining,
    After some bathroom remodelling, I reinstalled a pedistal bathroom sink. I used copper tubing to connect the supply to the faucet. However the connections from the tube to the faucet keeps leeking. What am I doing wrong? Dan
    iamgrowler Posts: 1,421, Reputation: 110
    Ultra Member

Mar 20, 2007, 02:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by zfish
    Greetining,
    After some bathroom remodelling, I reinstalled a pedistal bathroom sink. I used copper tubing to connect the supply to the faucet. However the connections from the tube to the faucet keeps leeking. What am I doing wrong? Dan
    Did you use cone washers and friction rings?
    Attached Images

Mar 20, 2007, 02:40 PM
    No, sure didn't.
    Ultra Member

Mar 20, 2007, 02:54 PM
    No, sure didn't.
    Well, I'd say we found your problem.

What size copper tube are you using, 3/8?

That will be the most common size when you're hunting for parts.

Good luck.

Mar 20, 2007, 03:36 PM
    Probably 3/8. Went to Ace hardware, but I think they gave me the wrong thing. The rubber washer is red and flat and when I tried to use it I could not get the thread started. It is not cone shape like your photo. Dan
    Ultra Member

Mar 20, 2007, 03:44 PM
    Probably 3/8. Went to Ace hardware, but I think they gave me the wrong thing. The rubber washer is red and flat and when I tried to use it I could not get the thread started. It is not cone shape like your photo. Dan
    Okay, but don't forget the friction rings -- The basin nut will shred the washer if you don't use 'em.

Mar 21, 2007, 05:42 AM
    Do the friction rings go directly behind the rubber washer or behind the head of the tube?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Mar 21, 2007, 09:43 AM
    The anti-friction ring will install at the base of the cone and on top of the nut.
    I'm a old time plumber. In my day the pipe size was determined by what it will carry,(I.D.) Are we talking 3/8" ID or OD. They do make 1/4" chrome supply tubes with a built in nose cone for easy installation. Check it out. Good luck, Tom

Mar 21, 2007, 10:18 AM
    It's the chrome supply tube with built in nose. So it does not look like I need the rubber cone. Still, it leaks. Any suggestions? Dan
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Mar 21, 2007, 10:40 AM
    Try coating the nose cone with pipe joint compound and cranking down on it. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

DSL connection [ 1 Answers ]

I have no phone jack near my computer. I can get the phone near my computer to work with a RCA wireless phone jack. My sbc Yahoo! Dsl modem, however, will not work with the wireless jack. It will work if I drag a phone cord across my house & plug it in directly. Does anyone know of a wireless...

Broadband connection [ 3 Answers ]

I have Windows XP professional, previously when I switched I was connected to my server automatically nowadays however I have to connected manually, I have not changed my server or any details of my sever connection. I would like to return to the automatic connection and any help I can get to...

Shower Drain, leaking connection [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, Shower stall started leaking on second floor. Ran water directly into drain with hose from outlet with no leak, so I figure that leaves only the drain connection as the leaking place. Took the drain cover off and found the "plastic" drain pipe and one-piece shower stall in good...

Internet connection [ 1 Answers ]

Dear group I've a P4 1.7MHz PC with 128Mb RAM, loaded with WinXp OS. My problem is as soon as turning on my computer the IE is loading automatically and made a connection to my default home page, without any permission. What is the problem and how can I solve it? Any help will be thanked

View more questions Search