Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    allinone Posts: 76, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2013, 07:51 PM
    Deduct health insurance from taxes
    Can I deduct health insurance from taxes?
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Mar 24, 2013, 08:29 PM
    Did you pay for it independent of your place of work, or did you get it through your employer?
    allinone Posts: 76, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2013, 07:41 PM
    Employer pays most I pay part. I was thinking about deduction of my part.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Mar 26, 2013, 08:10 PM
    Your payment is done with PRE-tax money and thus is NOT deductible.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Switching from personal health insurance to my company's health insurance [ 4 Answers ]

I've been employed with my present company since 2009. I've paid for my own health insurance since 2009 (high deductible), though would like to switch to my company's health insurance. I was diagnosed with MS in June 2011 and it's a pre-existing condition. What do I need to know because of this...

Taxes on health Insurance [ 3 Answers ]

I am a J1 research scholar and the institute where I stay pays for me the health insurance. On my 1042S, the gross income is the sum of the salary I received plus the health insurance. The taxes that have been withheld during 2010 are on the gross income (sum of the health ins. And salary). I...

Can I deduct my property taxes in Brazil from my Income Taxes in US [ 1 Answers ]

I own to propterties in Brazil and pay property taxes in Brazil. I have no Income in Brazil. Can I deduct my property taxes paid in Brazil on my US Income tax return please?

Is the cost on health insurance for F2 deductible from taxes? [ 1 Answers ]

I am a F1-visa holder. My son, a F2-visa holder, who is less than 15 year old, came in the US last July. My husband has never been in the US. I have the following questions regarding taxes. 1. I bought health insurance for my son in the last Aug. Is this cost deductible from taxes? 2. I paid a...

View more questions Search