Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    justchill64 Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2013, 12:12 PM
    Can I improve my G.P.A from this in college?
    My G.P.A is low like below 2. I did four courses that contribute to my G.P.A and the overall level of degree. I failed one of those courses , it doesn't contribute as I get to do over that course until I pass it. Is it still possible for me to get a 3.0 G.P.A still with 15 courses left?

Please answer my question?
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Mar 22, 2013, 12:42 PM
    Bust you butt and study.. and get tutors on your week subjects. It won't be easy.. and you will have to cut out all partying and socializing... but its not that much time really.

I am assuming you aren't intellectually over your head with your course of study... but that you haven't applied yourself sufficiently. College takes a far more serious approach than High School did.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Mar 22, 2013, 02:24 PM
    To answer this we would need your exact GPA.
    But think - to get a 3.0 average, you'd have to get higher than 3.0 average on all 15, right?
    Let's say it's 1.7 - you would have to average 3.1 on all 15 new courses.

Add the old GPA to the new ones and divide by 16.
    You should have known how to figure this very easy problem. Since you either didn't know or couldn't be bothered to think about it, I don't see you getting 3.1 on all 15 courses.
    Sorry! Reality check.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a college age student of a diabled parent receive help for college? [ 5 Answers ]

I am a fully disabled parent and wonder if my healthy 19 year old is eligible for financial assitance for college?

Three college kids traveling on a road trip before college and cross into russia [ 1 Answers ]

Three colege kids traveling on a road trip before they return to school cross the russian boarder and end up running from russian boarder patrol. They are wrongly accused of rape and murder of a young girl and are placed in a russian jail

Go to college or improve [ 2 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I have recently left school and went to go to numerous college's but on the day my confidence was knocked and I came home. I went to go to another college which was closer only for them to tell me I was'nt good enough! Now I don't know what to do as the reason I was rejected from...

College student w/o w-2 but can I file tax to get college tuition credits back? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am a college student with no job income(no W-2 form) but do have few dollars of interest earned from saving account(1099-INT form). I know I do not have to file tax return since the income is extremely low. But I heard if I file tax return then I can get few hundreds of college tuition...

View more questions Search