Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sricharan10 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2013, 09:12 AM
    Recoding URL string variable
    How do I recode a URL string variable? For example one of the variables is a url. If I find the word download anywhere in the url I want to recode that into download center. How do I do this?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Mar 20, 2013, 11:46 AM
    You can use the FIND() function in excel to see if the string "download" appears in the URL string. The following would return "Download Center" if cell A1 contains the string "download" anywher in it, or simply copy over the URL string if "download" is not present:

=IF(ISNUMBER(FIND("download",A1)),"Download Center",A1)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

DVD recoding [ 2 Answers ]

Hi. Does recoding a DVD always reduce quality even at 100% I know that you would not perform such an action if you can just copy the disc at it's natural capacity but does the act of recoding reduce quality even if the software you are using states that 100% quality will be retained?

Error #2101: The String passed to URLVariables.decode() must be a URL-encoded query s [ 0 Answers ]

I've tried everything, please help. Error... Error: Error #2101: The String passed to URLVariables.decode() must be a URL-encoded query string containing name/value pairs. at Error$/throwError() at flash.net::URLVariables/decode() at flash.net::URLVariables() at...

View more questions Search