Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jackie Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2004, 11:18 AM
    Love Bite's!
    Hello anyone who has had a similar problem & I'm at my tether because I know this is only the beginning, my daughter who is only 12yr's old will be 13 in December has got herself a boyfriend, what's the problem I here you ask, well let me put you in the picture. We live in a small village about 5 miles from town not far I know but when I drop my daughter & her friend off for swimming 1 week later I find she has a boyfriend 13 nearly 14 & live's in another village 9 mile's his mother has been bringing him down 2 our village un be known to me, now call me gullable if you like but I thought I could trust her ! How wrong he's tipped up at our house tonight with a wopping "LOVE BITE " on his neck! I've gone mad am I over reacting & being an over protective Mother ( her Dad has lost the plot ) what is my next step & how do I approach this as now she won't talk to me... please help she's my only child... I feel already she's gone.
    viking Posts: 131, Reputation: 7

Apr 19, 2004, 02:25 PM
    Re: Love Bite's!
    My belief is communicate until you understand each other. At her age this boy represents excitement and mystery. This is a way for her to exercise her desire for independence. You need to explain to her what it is that yiou are concerned about and listen to her when she responds. Tell her that if she continues to act dishonestly that she will lose privileges. Explain to her that you care more for her than a boyfriend ever will and that you are supportive of her love interests but not in the way she is handling them.
    jackie Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2004, 11:38 PM
    :) Hi Viking, thank's for the input, my daughter & myself are quite close as I was a single parent for many year's, now re-married & she has a fantastic relationship with her step Dad, have tried the talking approach but I feel as though it's going through 1 ear & out the other ! I think "Kevin & Perry" have moved in! This "boyfriend " is a nice lad a bit full on for my liking & last night managed to have a word with his Mum, her feeling's on the subject are the same as mine,so hopefully between us we can make some progress with them! But as you say got to keep talking... thanks.
    gurlfulofsmiles Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

May 4, 2004, 11:03 AM
    Let your daughter know that this bite on her neck is horrible looking. No one wants to see that. It only makes you ugly. Especially when noticeable.
    dudeness Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2004, 10:06 AM
    :-/whats the big deal its only a harmless bit of fun
    Jahiem28 Posts: 103, Reputation: 5

Jul 29, 2004, 10:55 PM
    TOO young to have a boyfriend hey that my 3 cents
    Scorpio848 Posts: 36, Reputation: 4

Jul 30, 2004, 08:08 AM
    I'd kick my daughter's butt!!

A family friend just won custody of his daughter so he came by last night to hang out and revel in his victory. He brought his oldest daughter along too. She is here visiting from Vegas. I have not seen her for 2 years. She is now 13 and I about fell over and died when I saw her. She has boobies and was wearing a low cut tank top and had make-up on. I felt the very strong urge, to wash her face and give her a sweatshirt!!
    Kids today look a lot older than they did 20 years ago. But that does not mean that they are ready for grown up stuff. 13 is way too young to have a boyfriend and WAY too young to be coming home with anything on her kneck butt a turtle kneck!!
    MY GOODNESS, AM I GLAD I HAD A BOY!!

Scorpio

Jul 30, 2004, 08:13 AM
    My Bad, I misread. The BOYFRIEND is the one with the love bite.

Well, 13 is WAY to young to be putting her mouth on anything but a TOOTHBRUSH!!

Oh my goodness, I think I shall faint.

I AM REALLY GLAD I HAD A BOY!!

Scorpio
    dudeness Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2004, 09:04 AM
    You people are perthetic, 13 is not to young for a boyfriend, 13 is when you become a teenager, teenage years are the years where you experiment with your body and other peoples, you can never be to young for a boyfriend or a girlfriend and love bites don't mean , its not like its sex or anything close. Parents who come on here to seek help with there child, don't deserve a child if they don't know how to handle it themselves and getting worked up other a mark on someone's neck proves my point that you don't know how to handle having kids becauses its no way near a big deal

YOU BEST ALL READ THIS!

Aug 3, 2004, 09:16 AM
    Hey Dudeness,

You're an idiot!! Get back to us when it's your 13 year old daughter sneaking around with boys. You'll be singing a different tune then. Hopefully the world will be lucky enough that you never spawn anything other than puppies.

Scorpio
    stinger111 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2004, 07:22 AM
    Actually scorpio you're the idiot, I agree with dudeness love bites are not a big deal it doesn't mean your kids are going to do other things, its just kissing, for god sake even babies kiss each other, are you going to say that's wrong to, if so you'll be by yourself because I know the rest of the world find that cute

Aug 5, 2004, 07:46 AM
    BLAH BLAH BLAH!!

mike145k Posts: 123, Reputation: -1
    -

Jun 28, 2005, 09:17 PM
    Do your part as a mother
    The truth is your daughter has tasted the fruit of sex and that one bite is the start,so to stop her is impossible,do the best thing tie her tubes or get her on birthcontrol now before she brings another unwanted kid into our world do your part as a mother OK
    thetachi464 Posts: 93, Reputation: 4

Jun 29, 2005, 07:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mike145k
    the truth is your daughter has tasted the fruit of sex and that one bite is the start,so to stop her is impossible,do the best thing tie her tubes or get her on birthcontrol now before she brings another unwanted kid into our world do your part as a mother ok
    Boy if you were my father I would have run away at the young age of 2. you need help I feel sorry for your kids if you have any, and if you don't have kids yet do us a favor and have a vasectomy now please.
    Hutcho Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2005, 09:25 PM
    OK I know that you are very worried about your daughter but if you
    Tell her she can't see this boy again she'll think of you as her worst enemy
    & will then sneak around to see this boy. I am only young myself & don't have
    Any children but when I was a little older than what your daughter is now I was in a relationship with a boy whose parents didn't approve & all he did was separate himself from them. My parents on the other hand talked to me about
    It & most importantly listened to what I was telling them. All you can do is
    Be make sure you and your daughter have an open relationship & can be honest with each other. Teach her to respect herself & trust that she will...
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Jul 16, 2005, 05:45 AM
    Love Bite
    Hi,
    No, you are not being "over protective", just maybe a little too over reactive.
    This is completely normal for teens.
    The way in which you react to this will determine whether your daughter will talk with you, or completely shut you out.
    If you have a good relationship with your daughter, keep an eye on her.
    If you don't have a good talking relationship, then maybe "ground" her, for awhile.
    The question is: What are you going to do with her future boyfriends and their relationships?
    This is just the start.
    You and your daughter could also talk with a professional of some type, to understand each other better.
    Best of luck,
    fredg
    ria15 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2012, 01:12 PM
    When I was 13 I came home with a love bite on my neck and my mum went mentle! I agree 13 year olds are a lot older than they should be but it's the way life is I grew up a lot quiker as me an my mum didn't reali get along and I had to be there for myself was very very close to my boyfriend and I still am and it's a sign of love not a sign of a girl coming back pregnant at 14 you just need to be laid back about it an tell you daughter that its not the best idea to do but let her live a little bit
    sh0otingstarx Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2013, 11:14 AM
    Personally, I don't see anything wrong with them. It's harmless fun. I'm 17 at the minute (I'm quite mature for my age) and yes, I've a boyfriend and I get love bites a lot. I don't see like there's anything wrong with it, I mean as the person a couple of comments above mine said, it's only a mark on the neck. Yes, some people think it's "horrible" but you've got to understand, she isn't the only young person getting them. 13 isn't young to have a boyfriend, let her lead her own life, make her own mistakes.. have a talk with your daughter and let her know how you feel about all this but if you yell at her, she'll rebel against you probably and she'll not tell you anything. If I had a daughter and I was in your position, that's what I'd do. I hope it all works out for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Is it OK to be I love at 14? [ 45 Answers ]

Is it OK to be IN LOVE at the age of fourteen? Is that a bad thing? :confused:

Love [ 7 Answers ]

Could anyone tell me what they defination is on love?

What is love? [ 3 Answers ]

I'm confused I don't what I feel for him, so I have some question.. What is love? How you tell if you really love that person and is not just a crush? What's a crush? How can you tell if he's the right one?

Does he still love me?please help [ 4 Answers ]

Me and my ex brokeup about 3 months ago and after we broke up when ever I saw him he would just stare at me and one time he almost wreaked his bike when he saw me drive by. And all mine and his friends say he still loves me he is just shy on how to tell me because of the way I will act towards it...

View more questions Search