Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    andreyveritas Posts: 32, Reputation: 0

Mar 13, 2013, 11:27 AM
    Do you think that same sex marriage should be legal across the unitd states?
    Consider whether and how same sex marriage can meet the basic social functions of families.
    Consider how same sex marriage compare and contrast to new form of American families
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Mar 13, 2013, 11:31 AM
    What do YOU think ?
    While we're happy to HELP we won't do all the work for you.
    Show us what you have done and where you are having problems..
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 13, 2013, 11:34 AM
    What is the new form of American families?

What are the advantages and disadvantages of same-sex marriage and parenting as same-sex partners?

Your public library is eagerly waiting to see you when you visit them to do your research with the help of a reference librarian.
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Mar 13, 2013, 08:54 PM
    Sounds like a great topic for a research paper. I can't wait to read it!
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Mar 14, 2013, 02:29 AM
    What anyone thinks 'across the US' is not relevant. Marriage laws are a matter left to the states. The question would first have to be asked whether there is a constitutional basis for making marriage laws federal.

I personally think that marriage is an outmoded religious institution that should be left to people to do whatever they want with, but that the legal implications should come under a separate contract - we can have marriage without a contract and a contract without marriage. And that anybody can have the legal contract with anyone, whether same sex, opposite sex, friends, groups, an elderly person with a young caretaker - any arrangement at all, for the purpose of sharing property, insurance, financial responsibilities for each other and children, and rights of survivorship.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 14, 2013, 03:17 AM
    Those are good social issues, but have nothing to do with the legal issues. There are no national marriage laws. Even laws for men/women marriage varies as to ages, requirements between states. So this is a legal, not social issue and therefor your entire question is improper and not correct. Social reasons do not control, nor can they ever control legal issues

So the answer to your question, the reasons stated are not proper reasons for this, since they do not represent a proper legal argument

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can my child mother sue me for legal and physical custody in two states? [ 3 Answers ]

My son's mother has not allowed me to see me newborn son for almost 18mos. He is now 2 years old. About a year ago. I filed for partial custody and visitation; we also have a child support order in the state of MD. She without my knowledge packed up and moved my son to PA. I could never serve her...

Prenup Agreement - is NY one of those states where property you own before marriage are [ 1 Answers ]

Through this website I understand that under California and Washington laws the property you own before marriage remains your separate property as a matter of law. Is that same for New York ?

Is it legal to have childsupport open in two states? [ 13 Answers ]

My husband has a baby mother that has two childsupport cases in 2 different states is this legal? :confused:

How do I annaul my marriage with both parties in two different states? [ 1 Answers ]

What is the process for annaullment of my marriage if I moved to a different state(NY) and my husband still lives in another state(FL) where we got married?

View more questions Search