Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kirkreynolds Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2013, 10:44 PM
    High School Algebra 2 Conditional Probability
    A bag contains 8 red marbles, 4 white marbles, and 5 blue marbles. You draw one marble at random. Find P(red and blue).
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Mar 8, 2013, 06:38 AM
    I think you mean P(red or blue), not P(red and blue), right? The probability of success in a random draw is equal to the number of objects that match the deifintion of success (in this case the number of marbles that are either red or blue) divided by the total population.

BTW, if indeed the question was phrased as P(red and blue) since you are drawing only one marble success is defined as drawing a marble that is both red and blue - so to answer the question you need to determine how many marbles that are bicolored like that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need copy of high school diploma asp? I graduated 1968 Downey High School, L.A. CA [ 1 Answers ]

I need a copy of my High School Diploma from Downey High School, graduated in 1968. Where would I be able to obtain a copy?

Geometric probability, conditional probability with area of square [ 2 Answers ]

Chose a point at random in a square with sides 0<x<1 and 0<y<1. Let X be the x coordinate and Y be the y coordinate of the point chosen. Find the conditional probability P(y<1/2 / y>x).

High school Algebra questions [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know the answers to the following questions? Any explanation about why those are the answers will be helpful too. Thanks. 1. 3*3*3*3 = 34 True False 2. 23 = 2 + 2 + 2 True False

View more questions Search