Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Powder puff Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2013, 10:19 AM
    I think my friends boyfriend likes me
    She's in my inner circle of friends and I don't actually like this guy in that way. I really love him as a friend and I really love their relationship but it seems he now likes me and I don't know what to say to him because he is a good friend and I really don't want to hurt my friend at all, and she really loves him. And I know he is the serious relationship kind of guy and I know I'm not ready for that anyway. Any suggestions on how to handle the matter?
    C0bra_M3nace Posts: 1,296, Reputation: 223
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2013, 01:11 PM
    There's a few important questions you need to answer to yourself before you do anything.

Does he actually like you?
    -Has he told you he likes you personally? He might not even mean to be sending off such signals

What kind of friendship do you have with this girl and what does it mean to you?
    -A lot of people are quite protective of the ones they love. Is your friendship with her good enough that if you told her what you suspect would she be mad or would she be even more upset if you didn't tell her and she found out some other way?

There's quite a few things that could go wrong with this kind of situation. If he does tell you he likes you or does something like try to kiss you, you may want to consider telling your friend. If she deosn't believe you and gets upset then there wasn't really a friendship there to begin with but that's a topic for another discussion. At this point, however, I would just leave things alone. Like I said, unless he's outright told you he likes you I wouldn't assume anything.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Mar 4, 2013, 04:49 PM
    I agree with C0bra. If you are just going on a feeling, ignore it. Maybe you are just misreading this. If he has come out and told you he likes you, tell him you're sorry but you don't share his feelings and he should forget about them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I think my friends boyfriend likes me [ 4 Answers ]

Everyday at lunch my friends boyfriend always sits next to me. Yesterday he told me I had pretty eyes and I think he was flirting. After I come home from school he always texts me and I think I like him but don't want to ruin his and my friends friendship. But I have a boyfriend too but I am on and...

My friends boyfriend likes me? [ 1 Answers ]

So I have been noticing lately that my friends boyfriend might have a crush on me. He texts me everyday without fail and when I ask my best friend if he has text her she always says no. He one day asked me what kind of boys I liked and so then I told him the qualities I liked and everything. I...

My friends boyfriend's friend likes me but I don't like him. [ 4 Answers ]

My friends boyfriend's friend likes me but I don't like him.. help! I don't know how to let him down gentley without upsetting my friend? And my friend is always with her boyfriend and sometimes his friend is there a lot as well, so it will be awkward between us next time I see him:/ Help...

View more questions Search