Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mary-j-b33 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2013, 02:44 PM
    I need a boot camp for my 7 year old son.
    I need help with my 7yrs old son. He lights my room on fire when he goes to school. Doesn't do no work. Hits his younger bother and sister. Looks at me with mad face when I say something. I called children's aid, they do nothing so I'm here looking help.
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Mar 3, 2013, 02:46 PM
    Have you talked to the school counselor or nurse? What country are you in?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 3, 2013, 02:50 PM
    Is he in therapy? He obviously has issues. What about your other children, do they also have issues? Could it be a problem in the home, parenting?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Mar 3, 2013, 02:52 PM
    He is taking over because you aren't in control, and you want others to do it. Too bad no dad.
    Take away all his fun, access to computer and TV and how did he get matches or a lighter to set a fire? Show discipline and follow through and mean it, and do all the work and time it takes to watch him. Because of the fire I think you should be able to get him in foster care for a while, for the safety of the younger children. Did you tell Social Services about it?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 3, 2013, 02:56 PM
    If you do decide to send him to foster care, be prepared that his issues will likely get worse. Now he'll not only have no stability, but he'll feel as if he's unwanted and unloved as well. Frankly I think sending him away is the worst thing you can do.

You're the parent, you need to be a parent to him. If you can't do it, then get help, put him in therapy, and find out why he's behaving this way. He's only 7. There's no reason why he should be acting this way unless there's something seriously wrong with him, or something seriously wrong with your parenting.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Mar 3, 2013, 03:31 PM
    I don't get the feeling that you want to do the work. Am I wrong?
    Nothing you said shows anguish about sending him away.
    And if you think a 3 week camp 'fixes' him and he comes home a good boy, you are wrong.
    angie21hernande Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2013, 02:16 PM
    I am no one to judge I also have children and I cannot I magine what I would do in your situatuon. Try different punishment methods, try to see what works for Him, because He is getting older. He is still at an age you can control Him, but don't give up on your child, He is trying to tell you something. Boothcamp and stuff like that might help, but you have to be consistent with punishments. With my 9 year old punishments like taking away TV, friends, not buying him anything He wants like candy and stuff for like a week or more depending on what He did works. Also putting Him in God's hand, I cannot be with him when He is in school, but I know He is not alone. No child comes with a manual, but we do have one that is the Bible. Pray to God to give you patience and to guide you. Wish you and your family the best.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can my seven year old go to boot camp? [ 7 Answers ]

I am really tired of my son. He is about to make me snap. He doesn't do his work, lies all the times, sneaks around and tears things up. On Christmas he set my boyfriends rug on fire and a few weeks prior it was the blinds. He was setting the pens on fire and that is how the rug got set on fire. He...

Boot camp [ 2 Answers ]

What is the yougest you can send your child to boot camp for misbehavior

After boot camp [ 19 Answers ]

I am joining the Air Force in August of 09, and I want to know what it is like to live in the dorms after boot camp and a way from you parents, what was it like for you

Is 7 old enough for boot camp? [ 55 Answers ]

I've had it. I'm ready to send my 7 year old to boot camp or the freakin Jerry Springer show. She is always stealing things from me and everyone else and lying all the time. I do not trust her. I tried to give her a chance on the trust thing and she failed. She takes things from her class mates at...

View more questions Search