Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    isalazar Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2007, 12:54 PM
    Hampton Bay Light and Fan Doesn't turn on/remote
    I have a Hampton Bay celling fan with a light, it suddely stopped working could a broken reciver cause it to stop working, if so I want to remove the reciver and make it manual, Beofore I toss it and buy a new one. Also what do I do with the wires that say light and motor, they are currently going into the reciver do I put those with hot wire or do I just cap those. I did check if with a tester the power if making to the fan.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 19, 2007, 02:39 PM
    Leave the receiver alone for now. Your fan should operate manually with the old receiver in place. You can replace the remote at Home Depot for $39 and it probably will use the same receiver.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Mar 19, 2007, 05:10 PM
    Does your fan have pullchains? If so you can wire it manually, if not you will have to replace the receiver or fan.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton Bay Remote Ceiling Fan - light works - no fan [ 2 Answers ]

After about 4 months of use, this began to happen. I would try to turn on the fan (either Low Med or High) and the fan would barely turn. Sometimes it would work - this lasted for about 5 days. Since then, if you try to turn on the fan, you get no response. Now, the light will still turn on...

Hampton Bay Fan Light/Fan Remote Problem [ 16 Answers ]

Hello, we have a Hampton Bay fan and my son dropped the remote and it stopped working. I changed the batteries and that didn't work. Now I asked someone at Home Depot what I needed to do. They instructed me to buy a new remote kit... I did however it came with a little grey box with 3 cords...

Hampton Bay Fan /light with Remote [ 2 Answers ]

Installed be electrician. Everything worked great for months and now nothing. The remote lights up red as if it is sending a signal, but nothing. It has no wall switch. I checked connections in the attic and at the fan. I threw away the manual. What do you think?

Hampton Bay remote doesn't turn on light [ 8 Answers ]

I am in need of assistance, if possible. I recently bought a Hampton Bay Windward II ceiling fan from Home Depot. I installed the fan according to the instructions. With the wall switch turned "on", the fan light comes on and the fan begins spinning; however, the remote will operate the fan and all...

Hampton Bay Remote Won't Completely Turn Off Light [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I just purchased two Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan Remotes (Transmitter/Receiver). Model: 191-707. I wired one up in my living room and the other in the kitchen. I was able to turn my lights on/off and my fan too. They worked great or so I thought. When it got dark out I noticed that with the...

View more questions Search