Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MNNEPAL27 Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2007, 09:43 AM
    Attorney vs no Attorney
    Hi -

My husband have hired an attorney to get his green card and other ppwrk going. We have filed for all ppwrk , paid the legal fees, and were in a meeting last week preping for the interview with INS to come in 2 weeks and she decided to make everything look pretty and asked us for more information. So was went to obtain to more information for her and presented it and then she told us a whole different story and everything. WE feel she isn't experienced in dealing with particular cases such as ours and we are both very upset and frustrated because we feel that she didn't give us all the information and have provided us better solutions. We want to go to this interview with out her repensentation. I have had two friends who married foreighners and they went with out an attorney. What does everyone think?

Thank you!! :confused:
    ATYOURSERVICE Posts: 246, Reputation: 13

Mar 19, 2007, 10:29 AM
    When dealing with legal matters it is always better to have an attorney, but having an attorney provide false or incorrect information is not good. You can make a complaint with the state bar.

If your marriage is a valid one, you should have no problems with your interview.

Good luck
    MNNEPAL27 Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2007, 11:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ATYOURSERVICE
    When dealing with legal matters it is always better to have an attorney, but having an attorney provide false or incorrect information is not good. You can make a complaint with the state bar.

If your marriage is a valid one, you should have no problems with your interview.

Good luck
    I am happy to say we have a very valid marriage and very happy to say the least! ;) Coulnd't have asked for anything better!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Power of attorney [ 3 Answers ]

If I'm the power of attorney for my mother due to her illness can I file bankruptcy for her under my social security number for her.

Power of Attorney [ 2 Answers ]

If you have issued a power of attorney in the past, is there a time this expires? How do you revoke a power of attorney if you do not know if it is still in effect?

Any attorney will do. PLEASE READ! [ 7 Answers ]

Last year I got victimized in a scam at http://www.roommates.com/. Like an idiot, I took a $3,000 check from a hot chick and planned to wire her the remainder of the funds after the check cleared. After doing everything I knew to do to make sure the check was legit, I deposited it. As you...

Right to have attorney appointed [ 2 Answers ]

In virginia is it true that you are to receive council appointed by the court within 72hrs?

Power of Attorney? [ 2 Answers ]

I will most likely not be present when we close on our house. I want to handwrite a power of attorney and get it notarized. Will this be sufficient? Here is an example of what I will write: To Whom It May Concern: I, insert name, born on insert date with social security number insert...

View more questions Search