Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mikex87 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2013, 01:23 AM
    Random Itchy Rashes Comes and Goes
    Attached are two pictures of rashes that appear on my hips throughout the day. Seems to happen more often in the morning or at night. Some bumps also show up on my buttocks, thighs, armpits, and arms. I went to a doctor, and without looking at it (because the condition wasn't active while I was there), she prescribed me Meds for scabies. A week has passed and looking through pictures of Scabies, Uticaria, Eczema, and Chiggers I'm more convinced these may be caused by Uticaria or Eczema. Please tell me what you think? And I will see a doctor again. Just curious what you think.
    Attached Images

J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 21, 2013, 01:34 AM
    Have you used any new soaps? Laundry soaps?

Looks more like a contact dermatitis/alleric reaction to me.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 21, 2013, 04:43 AM
    Not scabies, I agree.
    And I also agree that it's plain old dermatitis (basic skin inflammation), because I get it in the winter time too, around the same places, although mainly my waist.
    I live in New England.
    Winter air is very dry.
    I have dry skin in general.
    I've been getting dry skin reactions my whole life.
    What I do:
    Keep the heat low and bundle up instead.
    Have a little desktop humidifier (that I invented out of an immersion heater).
    Wear no wool. Silk or cotton as first layer.
    Take showers sparingly, use unscented soap sparingly, rinse well.
    Use unscented laundry detergent sparingly, don't overload washer so that clothes can rinse soap out well.
    No fabric softeners, colognes, or anything scented at all.

You could buy some cortisone cream or spray in any drugstore.

Feb 21, 2013, 07:37 AM
    As a matter of fact, I did just change my dryer sheets from gains to bounty just a bit ago. Thanks!

Feb 21, 2013, 07:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    Not scabies, I agree.
    And I also agree that it's plain old dermatitis (basic skin inflammation), because I get it in the winter time too, around the same places, although mainly my waist.
    I live in New England.
    Winter air is very dry.
    I have dry skin in general.
    I've been getting dry skin reactions my whole life.
    What I do:
    Keep the heat low and bundle up instead.
    Have a little desktop humidifier (that I invented out of an immersion heater).
    Wear no wool. Silk or cotton as first layer.
    Take showers sparingly, use unscented soap sparingly, rinse well.
    Use unscented laundry detergent sparingly, don't overload washer so that clothes can rinse soap out well.
    No fabric softeners, colognes, or anything scented at all.

You could buy some cortisone cream or spray in any drugstore.
    I too have very dry skin, just moved to Oklahoma over a year ago, and just switched my fabric softeners. These bumps appear on my hips for the most part. Thank you all for the wonderful feedback. It really helps and puts my mind at ease a bit. I'll try a few things before doctor visit.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have random painful itchy mosquito/hive like bumps that come on my legs and ankles [ 0 Answers ]

No one else has these in my household but me

Rashes [ 3 Answers ]

Dear sir/ madam, I am25 yr old. I am recently married.I have been suffering from rashes which are red in colour since 3 yrs. They are also itchy and the rashes are small at initiation stage as the time passes they are spredingto large size. I consulted so many...

Rashes [ 1 Answers ]

Starting from ankle legs knees and elbows now spreading

Itchy random bumps... [ 1 Answers ]

I got 2 itchy bumps on my leg that look like mosquito bites and itch like crazy. They appeared at the same time and are about 2 inches apart. Then 2 more appeared on my rib cage. About 4 days later 5 more appeared on my leg around the original ones and 2 more on my other leg! What could these be!

View more questions Search