Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    earl237 Posts: 532, Reputation: 57

Feb 19, 2013, 04:48 PM
    Ring of Bright Water true story
    I saw a great film from 1969 called "Ring of Bright Water." It was about a man from London who buys a pet otter from a pet store and moves to the highlands in Scotland and befriends a female doctor. I've heard that it was based on a true story, but can't find much detail about the real story. Does anyone know anything about the real story?
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Feb 19, 2013, 06:36 PM
    Have you read the Wikipedia entry on Gavin Maxwell, the man who owned the otter and wrote the book, Ring of Bright Water (1960)? Gavin Maxwell - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It has some external links that may help you find out more information. You might also look for the book.
    earl237 Posts: 532, Reputation: 57

Feb 19, 2013, 06:41 PM
    Thanks, I didn't know about the book, Scotland sure has some great scenery.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Please help me : an horror story but true story [ 5 Answers ]

Please this is only 1/3 of the actual story: Hi all. I ve worked at several financial institutions , this one being a pretty large bank in America. In the years I have been there we had been going through a lot of management changes. Please note: I didn't know anyone that worked there other than...

(true story)? [ 1 Answers ]

A movie where a group of guys car jack a familys van in the hood. The find the video camera and use it to shoot footage of the next weeks. There was a scence where a guy who just got out of prision beats a guy with a crowbar. It's a few years old and was at blockbuster for a while under special...

True story [ 3 Answers ]

A buddy of mine stupidly tried to pull a stick out of a cement mixer and lost his finger.another worker took him to the hospital and left.when he was stitched up and bandaged he called his wife for a ride.she asked why he was at the hospital.he said he cut off his finger.she asked"the whole...

True story [ 6 Answers ]

Sign on a Washington, D.C.-area restroom hand dryer: "Press button for a message from Congress".

View more questions Search