Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    busso Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2007, 04:21 PM
    1099: Where to set this amount in my taxes
    I received a 1099 form with $11.6 (Total Interest Paid or Credited). The letter says that I should report this interest as income. I am filling a 1040NR-EZ form. Should I add this amount in line 4?

Sincerely,
    Carlos Busso
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Mar 21, 2007, 10:48 AM
    Carlos:

You are a non-resident alien, who do NOT have to report interest earned in a bank or savings account as taxable income.

Ignore the Form 1099-INT for 2006.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Taxes no 1099 [ 1 Answers ]

I worked all year for a company where I was an Independent Contractor, To date I have not received a 1099. The company is nolonger in business. Can I use the Employers SS #?

1099 are taxes [ 1 Answers ]

What am I supposed to do with a 1099R?

1099 taxes for Indian F1 student [ 7 Answers ]

Hi AtlantaTaxExpert Thank you in advance for your time. I truly appreciate you sharing your knowledge and helping everyone out. I am currently an undergraduate student, on an F-1 Visa. I am studying in MA and am a citizen of India. I arrived in the US on August 2003. Starting from my freshman...

Taxes on 1099 earnings [ 13 Answers ]

Hello AtlantaTaxExpert Thanks in advance for your time. I came to the US in Jul 2001 on an F-1 Visa. My OPT started in OCT 2005 and ends in OCT 2006. I started working for my current employer on 3rd Jan 2006. He knows my status is OPT and said that he wouldn't generate a W-2 for me and at...

Do I need to claim a 1099-R on PA State Taxes [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, Do I need to claim a 1099-R form on my PA state taxes? The withdrawl was a normal deduction of an IRA. Thank you.

View more questions Search