Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Inflowmous Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2013, 04:19 AM
    How can I put my name on my child's birth certificate without the child mother?
    I'm in a situation where my child's mother does not want to be apart of my sons life but she won't go with to put my name on his birth certificate and I can not enroll my son in any programs until I'm able to put my name on his birth certificate.

I tried Legal Aid for legitimation in Cobb County Georgia, and they Gave me a Lawyer who can't seem to stay in one place and is terrible at responding to emails.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 11, 2013, 04:36 AM
    You need a DNA test to prove that you are the father. You then need to get custody from Family Court. It would be nice to have the lawyer do this but it's not required. Go in person to the court house and talk to some clerks to get some idea of the steps and the forms you need, and where to get court-acceptable DNA testing done. The fee for testing might be around $175.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 11, 2013, 04:48 AM
    This should explain your options.

http://www.georgiacourts.org/csc/pat...1510-final.pdf
    Inflowmous Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2013, 08:13 AM
    Thanks, I already have the DNA testing done, I carry it with me at all times because I don't have his birth certificate or social security card.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Feb 11, 2013, 02:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Inflowmous View Post
    Thanks, I already have the DNA testing done, I carry it with me at all times because I don't have his birth certificate or social security card.
    Was this through the courts? If not it isn't much good for anything other then maybe peace of mind. Also if your not the legal father yet it would be illegal to test the child. Go to court and set everything straight so you don't have problems in the future.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 11, 2013, 02:34 PM
    Most courts will require that the DNA test be done by a court sanctioned lab. If it was not done according to court order it will be ignored by the court.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a father put his name on child's birth certificate after 12 years [ 2 Answers ]

My son was born 12 years ago. His father was not put on the certificate as he wanted nothing to do with us. Now he wants his name on the certificate. Can he get his name put on? Can he do it without my say so?

Can your ex. Wife put your name on her child's birth certificate she knows its not you [ 1 Answers ]

My ex. Haven't seen in 2 yrs says she put my name on her child's birthcertificate because of thime of divorce . Separated Dec. 2010 divorced aug. 2011 I believe its fraud . She should not be able to do it without my permission She knows its not my child it her new mans

Should I put the father on my child's birth certificate? [ 12 Answers ]

I am due to have my son any day now, and my boyfriend and I have had a very rocky relationship. We think we want to be together but we aren't sure we will last with how things have been going. We've already decided on the baby taking my last name, but I don't know if I should put the father on the...

How can I be put on my child's birth certificate? [ 2 Answers ]

How can I be put pon my child's birth certificate?

View more questions Search