Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mark rodgers Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2013, 12:13 AM
    See if I'm being scammed
    Would like to know if the person I'm talking to is for real or not?

Can you tell me this persons name with a picture?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 11, 2013, 01:25 AM
    Is this person from Ghana?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 11, 2013, 02:20 AM
    A person can do many things, use fake photos, use photoshop photos, or just steal 100s of photos from Facebook or QQ or a dozen other sites and use their names and photot
    First way to tell scam, they are asking for money.

The Ghana scam or a variation is the most common, after about 3 months of chatting they are in love with you and want to come to be with you, but they need?? Money to come, The real money for Ghana to US is 330 dollars US, for passport and visa. There is no travel allowance needed.. There is no background, no medical, it is all scam.

So tell us your story and we can help you sort though it
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Feb 11, 2013, 06:42 AM
    We need to know more if you want an answer but... in general, if you have to ask if you're being scammed, then you probably are.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2013, 09:34 AM
    There is no way to know, unless you give someone money, and never get what you paid for, or any word on what happened to it. As another said, if you think it's a scam, it probably is.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Feb 11, 2013, 09:45 AM
    Oh, there is a way to know...

Is she telling you she loves you after never having met her? Does she want money? Is she wanting to come see you but can't afford the fees? Is she from Ghana? Did you "meet" on the internet, probably her contacting you first?

There are signs... there are plenty of signs to know it's a scam if you pay attention.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Florida Landlord being scamed [ 53 Answers ]

Received summons for 2 1/2 old accident that did not happen. Everything is wrong on it. They have got my address mixed up with the rental address where accident was supposed to have happened. My address is 2502, nextdoor, rental or accident location is 2520 Nowhere on summons does it have...

Did I get scamed? [ 1 Answers ]

I recently applied for a small business grant with IC Financials. I sent them a check for a processing fee of $495. I haven't heard from them since. What do I do? Here's their website: IC-SERVICES Home

View more questions Search