Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kvjay Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2013, 02:33 AM
    Dandruff
    Hello Dr,
    I have serious problem of Dandruff due to which I get lot of itching and scabs develop
    I used to use ANTI SCAB - C Lotion prescribed by one of the Dr. it does help, but if I stop, it comes back. I have also tried Shampoo(which is of NO help) and used lemon and used to apply Neem Oil once in a week.
    Would you be able to help me on this to eradicate?
    Thank you
    VVK
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 10, 2013, 07:30 AM
    Some doctors are trying antibiotics, on the theory that some scalp conditions are bacterial infections and not just excess sebum (oil) of the scalp.
    Also, with so much scratching that you have scabs, I would have my head checked for lice and possibly folliculitis, which is inflammation of the hair follicles and appears as little oily bumps.

Shampoo every day with only a small amount of shampoo and RINSE WELL.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dandruff! [ 2 Answers ]

I have the worst case of dandruff ever since I got pregnant! Its driving me mad, so I started using head and shoulders, but after my second time using it the dandruff seems much flakier, does this mean the shampoo is working? Or is the dandruff just getting worse?

I have extreme dandruff, should I use Homeremedies or Expensive Dandruff shampoos? [ 4 Answers ]

Nothing has worked. I just bought a new supoosedly extra strength shampoo but I'm not sure... WOuld that be better than home remedies like Listerinne, etc? It gets expensive buying these shampooss.. but then, the remedies also require money

Dandruff [ 3 Answers ]

A blonde is at the hairdressers chatting to the stylist. "My boyfriend has bad dandruff" she says. The stylist says "Give him head and shoulders." The blonde goes quiet. After a few minutes of deep thought she says.. . "How do I give him shoulders?"

Dandruff ? [ 7 Answers ]

Does anyone know why my brother's dog would have white flakes(that look like dandruff) running through his black fur?

Got dandruff [ 10 Answers ]

Hi! Can anybody tell me some remedy for.. I got a lot of dandruff in my hairs plus in scalp too... my hair are dry... please tell me something that helpss... thanx

View more questions Search