Ask
    lovemeltonya Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2007, 10:55 PM
    Passport for convicted felon
    Can a convicted felon get a passport?
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Mar 17, 2007, 10:57 PM
    This is reviewed on a case by case basis, depends what you did and how long ago, check the link below, you would have to apply and see what they decide

Passport questions and answers

I am assuming your in the US, if not, other countries may have different methods of deciding.
    matwiz Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2009, 10:56 AM

I believe anyone has the right to have a passport because you are a citizen of your country. The question is, which country will let you in with a felony record? Canada is most likely to bar you, and other European Countries are now looking into those with Criminal records which will show in their passport when they slide it in the passport reading machine.
    pat forlenza Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2012, 08:41 AM
    There is a new law that went into affect in march 2012 stateing people with a record would be allowed into canada with a record. As long as the convication was over 10 years and did not have any more arrest.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Convicted felon adoption? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, my aunt and uncle are looking to do a private adoption they have found a person (someone they know) that is going to have a baby and wants to adopt this child out because of medical issues. My question is... my uncle is a convicted felon about 10 or more years ago. All I remember about what...

Surety Bond - Convicted felon [ 7 Answers ]

Can a convicted felon (drug charge) who has served his time and is now going to school to learn a trade get bonded and get a contractor license?

Convicted Felon [ 6 Answers ]

Hello All I have a federal felony for Bank Fraud. I'm currentlty on probatin and It will end December 2008. So my felony will be on my record once my probation is over. Now I'm engaged and my Fiance' is enlisted in the United States Air Force. His orders will send him oversea's More than likely to...

Can I still get a Real Estate License if convicted felon? [ 2 Answers ]

I got in some trouble with the law in 2002. Now Im stuck with a felony for possession. Im still on probation. Can I still get a Real Estate license for the state of California?

Convicted Felon [ 1 Answers ]

I'm a convicted felon. I would like to marry my boyfriend that is not a native or a resident of the united States. Is there a waiting period for me to file for his residency?

View more questions Search