Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    EmilyJo1981 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2013, 10:56 AM
    Over medicated child?
    My son is 2 years old and about 23lbs. He possibly took 7ml's of children's ibuprofen and 5ml's of children's tylenol, along with 2.5ml's of Pediacare Cough Medicine in a 4 hour period. I'm at work and my husband isn't sure if our son actually took it all or not. Do we need to take him in to be checked out just in case or is it not something I should worry about?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jan 30, 2013, 11:52 AM
    I would have to say that the ER should have been your first choice, instead of asking here.
    samcreed Posts: 132, Reputation: 18
    -

Jan 30, 2013, 11:56 AM
    I would have taken my child to the emergency room, at once. It's better to do that, than nothing at all, and just hope for the best. Good luck.
    alstardis79 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2013, 07:15 PM
    Pediacare has Tylenol in it. ER nurses once gave my daughter Tylenol and Advil within an hour of one another. He should be fine. :)
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Feb 3, 2013, 07:32 PM
    I have to ask. Who was with your son? Who gave him the meds? Your husband isn't sure if he took it all or not? How can he not be sure? How did a 2 year old get access to medication without his parents knowing?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 3, 2013, 07:42 PM
    All parents should have poison control phone number in big numbers on fridge.
    And sorry but a call to them or trip to ER would have been first guess for me.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Neoprosone cream medicated [ 1 Answers ]

I have this cream with 2% Hq do it has steroids

Am I overly medicated? [ 1 Answers ]

Okay, I am diagnosted with PTSD, Mayjor Depression disorter, anzity, and something else but I'm on 4 meds 1.zolfot ( anti-depressaint) 2.lamictal (mood stabalizer) 3.welbutran (anti-depreeaint) 4.conidean ( to help sleep, and to help anzity) I went to cottage hill academy a mental...

Does anyone know a good medicated soap I can use [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I would like to use a good medicated soap does anyone of any good ones

Redness, medicated cream. Red bumps and itchy [ 6 Answers ]

a few weeks ago I went to the doctor and he asked me if i wanted some face creme for my face. OF COURSE I want face creme. I would love for the redness of my face to go down so I can have normal skin. He gave me creme and on the packet insert it says use two-three weeks twice a day. I DID THAT....

View more questions Search