Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KaylaACK1991 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2013, 07:26 PM
    I think my house is haunted- that or I'm losing my mind.
    Maybe I’ve gone completely off the deep end, maybe its crazy pregnancy hormones, or general life stress but I’m beginning to be concerned about my house being haunted.
    My husband and I rent a house, it’s quite old (although exact age I’m not sure), so when I first moved in with him in August I accredited all the strange things that happened to that- the house being old, poor electrical wiring, house settling noises, a cat outside, mice and a bunch of other things, but not I’m not so sure.
    The easiest things to explain is the way the animals act, there’s a certain corner of the living room that the animals and my one year old step daughter absolutely hate. My curious little kitten never goes in it not even to mouse hunt, and the dog never does either. SD went over there a few weeks ago turned back around to us with one hand holding the opposite arm (which she does when she’s scared or upset.) when we were dog-sitting for my mother in law her dog would start barking at that corner randomly and for no apparent reason.
    The light in the bathroom doesn’t work at all, one day it just stopped working (landlord hasn’t looked into it yet), then the lamp we put in there so we could see fell down twice when it wasn’t being touched, the house wasn’t shaking, nothing- the first time no one was in there, the second time, it almost came down on top of me.
    Other rooms in the house, my room, the hall, and the living room will flicker randomly come off and on or fade down really low for five minutes or so then go back to full brightness. Or they won’t come on at all (especially at night), but there’s nothing wrong with the light bulb and 20 minutes later you can turn the light on without a problem.
    Our game systems, Wi-Fi, and cell phones mess up frequently too, our internet provider has been to our house 3 times because the wi-fi was acting up, but there was nothing wrong at all. The Xbox turns on and off, ejects discs, replays scenes over and over, freezes up, and won’t let the remote connect all on its on. The other night I tried to call my husband and his best friend (when I couldn’t get ahold of my husband) and each time, my phone wouldn’t let me end the call, but then it would act as though I had an incoming call from the person I was trying to reach but when I hit answer no one was calling. The battery life of everything in the house drains exceedingly fast.
    Doors open and close by themselves all the time, I always think I hear a radio or cell phone, I hear weird noises like someone else is in the house but no one is. There’s a room that stays cold/freezing all year around…last weekend (even with a space heater plus regular heat) there was ice on the inside of the windows. I’ve also started to have insane night terrors. A lot of times I feel like I’m being watched but no ones inside or around the house. Things go missing and then a few weeks later will be in a random place that we've already looked in if they turn up at all (my old hairbrush is still gone.) We hear strange noises over the baby monitor but when we go check there’s nothing there. There are times where I feel like I’m in a constant panic attack, although I hadn’t really had one for months. My SD’s temperament has changed dramatically, her tantrums have gotten so much worse since around her birthday, we thought it was that her aunt had a new baby (who) and a bunch of changes were made (since she turned one, no more formula, learning to use a sippy things like that) and it may be part of it, but now I’m as sure. All our tempers (including a friend that just visits) seem to flare up without much provocation and can be quite intense (where we've all been fairly docile and mild-tempered before hand)
    I’m not sure about the complete history of the house, but a friend of ours rented the house a few years ago, and said that he had dreams about a demon that would (in his dream) make him preform vile acts, as well as experienced the same things that we have about the lights, technology malfunctioning, cold spots. No one in the house currently has ever played with a Ouija board or black magic, and I’m not sure if one’s ever been used in the house.
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Jan 26, 2013, 09:24 AM
    These are tough situations to live in... so try not to loose your mind over it. Everything you mentioned can have natural explanations. I've lived in homes where nothing seems to go right and have experienced the ice on the inside of the windows. Very common in old homes. However, after reading your description with the emotional swings of people, the electrical issues, the cold spots, the dreams... it is very possible there is a spirit in the home. I'm not saying there IS... just saying, yet, all these things are what spirits use to manifest themselves in homes.

Feel free to have the home checked by a licensed electrican if you want more piece of mind, but let's assume it is a spirit. Being that it is an old home that most likely has had many occupants over the years you cannot say what has or has not happened there. The occult is one powerful doorway for spirits to come in... but it isn't always tied to that. There are many reasons a spirit may reside there. The important thing is whether you or your family gave it right there, and it sounds as if you didn't.

What does your husband think is going on in the home? Would you find it easier to move... live there anyway... or look into having to removed?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jan 26, 2013, 09:38 AM
    Also I recommend you buy a digital recorder and allow it to run and see what it picks up. The ice on the window as well as electrical problems can easily be man made. Some owners of rental property will either be do it yourselfers or hire only the cheapest translating to it may not have been done properly. The ice on the window just shows signs of poor insulation and condensation. Is there a basement in the house? Has someone inspected the area beneath the corner in question from the underside? Animals are sensetive to mold. You need to have someone look at that spot.

Jan 26, 2013, 02:05 PM
    Good point about the mold. All worth looking into first...
    KaylaACK1991 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2013, 04:34 PM
    Originally I chalked the ice on the inside of the windows to condensation but I started thinking about the fact that it's only happened in SD's room, the kitchen which gets much colder will get condensation on the inside of the windows while we're cooking but never once has it frozen over inside or out. We do have a basement, which is where the noises a lot of times come from... we'll hear the door shutting (its one of those that close downward and it's really heavy) but when we go look nothing/no ones around and it doesn't look like anyone's been down there either... I'm not sure about mold, I'm pretty sure that we don't have any... there hasn't been any sign of it, and we clean with bleach. Our landlord told us that the next 3bedroom house that comes available he'll let us move into (not because of the strange things but because we need more room... ) I'm not sure what's going on in the house, it's uncomforatble at best... and I'm starting to notice more things now than before, and I pay attention to everything but it's somewhat confusing...

Jan 31, 2013, 03:31 PM
    Well, it's very possible for the house to have spirits... whether an ouija board was used or not. Do you belong to a church?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is my apartment haunted or am I losing my mind? [ 34 Answers ]

Hey there everyone, Over the past few days, strange things have been happening in my apartment that I moved into about a month and a half ago. Appliances turn on and off by themselves... it started with the DVD player - at first I thought maybe our DVD player had some loose wiring since it was...

Friend house haunted? Or mayb messin my mind up [ 7 Answers ]

When I was at my friend house the TV was off and the light, the TV and light turned on and off for like 4 sec. The scary part was when we had a chocolate Twix we were eatting it and talking when 1 bar flew over her head. My friend looked behind her mirror and it said Murder. Me, my friend and her...

View more questions Search