Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    H. Bunch Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2007, 06:56 AM
    Power activated tool and concrete block
    Has anyone had any experience using a PAT .22 caliber like a Remington or Ramset PAT to drive nails into concrete block? I don't know if the block is hollow or filled. I am looking to attach baseboard and furring strips, so maybe using 1 1/2" nails.
    Dr D Posts: 698, Reputation: 127

Mar 17, 2007, 09:47 AM
    I and my neighbor split the cost of a Remington nail gun to attach furring strips to our garage additions. It worked fine even though at times a large hammer had to be used to get the nails flush. This incomplete penetration was caused by the operator not pressing the gun FIRMLY against the surface. There are different powder loads for different length nails and materials. This type of installation is PERMANENT. If you wish to remove the nail at a later time, it will probably destroy the block. Good luck
    EMERIL LAGASSE Posts: 101, Reputation: 4

Mar 24, 2007, 02:33 PM
    When I remodel a basement I only use furring on interior block walls
    Don’t like to put all those nails in outside block walls can crack joints and leak
    I stand up stud walls, can insulate with full batt and run electrical easily

You can also fasten furring with small cut nails and adheasive
    Get r done:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Contactor is not being activated on central air unit [ 2 Answers ]

What activates the contactor relay on a central air unit.

Installing a french door in concrete block [ 3 Answers ]

I’m thinking about installing a new French door in by basement. My question is what is the best way to attaché to the door to the concrete block? Should I cut the opening to the required rough opening size and attach the door directly to the block. Or should I make the opening larger, and frame the...

Concrete Block Wall Construction [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking at putting in a cinder block wall (50' x 6'). It is in Calif. And in a no freeze area. What is needed for the footing? Depth, width, filler, and re-bar? I think that it needs to be 12" deep and 16" wide with 6" of crushed rock as the base, not sure on the re-bar requirement. How...

GFCI trips when a separate circuit is activated [ 4 Answers ]

I'd appreciate help on an odd problem. I'm pretty good with electricity but stumped on this. I installed a GFCI in the middle of a 120V outlet circuit. It works correctly, protecting itself and all the downstream load outlets. But, on a completely separate circuit (separate breaker), I also...

Is Romex allowed over concrete block? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a detached building with a block foundation. On the inside, the top of the blocks is about 4" above the concrete floor. The walls are aligned with the outside of the 8" wide block therefore there is a 4" wide shelf (top of the blocks) that runs along the perimeter of the building. I used...

View more questions Search