Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TEKIA50230 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 16, 2007, 10:19 PM
    Eviction process
    After I have been served a three day notice and I still haven't paid the rent, do I still have an opportunity after that to pay the rent?
    ATYOURSERVICE Posts: 246, Reputation: 13

Mar 16, 2007, 10:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by TEKIA50230
    after i ahev been served a three day notice and i still havent paid the rent, do i still have an opportunity after that to pay the rent?
    Depends on the state you are in. The landlord usually has to give you a 30 day notice to vacate the premises. He also could refuse accepting the rent. If you are on a lease, he can only charge you a late fee and should be stipulated on the lease.
    jenisme1995 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2007, 09:49 PM
    after i ahev been served a three day notice and i still havent paid the rent, do i still have an opportunity after that to pay the rent?
    I would honestly have to say if you haven't paid your rent and you got a three day notice if you were going to pay your rent you would have. I would contact your landlord or mortgage company to make arrangements.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 19, 2007, 04:53 AM
    Hello TEK:

Yes, you do.

excon
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 19, 2007, 06:20 AM
    It depends on the state laws and the terms of the eviction notice. Many states do allow you to pay the sheriff the FULL amount you owe (this includes back rent, late charges, court costs, etc.) IN CASH when they show up to throw you out. But its also possible that the landlord does not have to accept it, especially if you have chronically been late.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adoption process? [ 5 Answers ]

How long does it take to finalize an adoption? Is it finalized the day I signed the papers or is it finalized once the birthfather signs papers as well? Also does anyone know where the court proceeding would go on if The child was born in Ny but now Has been in Illonois for about 4 months??

Process [ 1 Answers ]

How do I start the process of applying

Virginia eviction process [ 8 Answers ]

Hi--I have been impressed with the quality of responses here, but I haven't seen something that describes my situation. I am a landlord in Virginia. I have a tenant (couple) with 9 months to go on a lease governed by VRLTA (payable on the 1st), but they have been paying rent late. With no rent...

Kentucky eviction law motion for eviction [ 8 Answers ]

Hi I really need help I bought a house for 30,000 from a lady we have just a one simple page contract basically states I paid 15000.00 dollars down In April 05' and then make payments of 400.00 a month for 36 months Contract has no sell as is in it because at time of sale we the lady homeowner...

View more questions Search