Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 17, 2013, 08:24 PM
    My favorite place: what more can anyone want? (by joypulv)
    I grew up in rural northwest Connecticut, and left in 1964 to find hippy happenings in the cities like Cambridge, Massachusetts, New York City, and Berkeley, California. I love those cities, but I came back to my small town of in Connecticut when I was 50.

It had become a summer haven for New Yorkers, and expensive, so now I live just 10 miles east in an even quieter town. I am surrounded by farms and solitude, wild animals, birds, and miles of green views in all directions.

blog.rural scene.jpg

My pets can go out when they want but I have to watch for eagles and coyotes and bears.

blog.eagles.jpgblog.coyote.jpgblog.mother bear.jpg

I have my dad's 80-year-old .22 rifle in case I have to shoot or fire a warning. Shop? I go online. Restaurants? We have plenty of New York chefs who escaped here, and the food is just as good as anywhere. If I want to go to New York City, it's two hours away, and Boston is three.

And now that I'm officially old, I bought a '57 Chevy, seafoam green, and I think I'm the only old broad around who takes an old car out in the winter time. I won't if they salt the roads. That's my life in my dear new town. When I walked into the town hall, half the employees were classmates or at least schoolmates.

So ... no traffic, no smog, green and quiet, animals and birds--what more can anyone want?

blog.xwaterfalls.jpg
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 18, 2013, 07:49 AM
    Hey! That view looks just like mine. Thanks Wondergirl.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 18, 2013, 10:54 AM
    Ah, the joy (joypulv?) of Googling...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a default judgement take place without you knowing until after it is in place [ 1 Answers ]

I am from Ontario. Can a default judgement be put in place by a collections agency without you knowing until after it is in place

View more questions Search