Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    autumnbella Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2013, 08:15 AM
    Do 501c3s need bids on construction projects
    If an animal sanctuary is constructing a building for homeless dogs until they are returned to famileis, is it required to obtain bids for the construction? The building cost is under 100,000.
    autumnbella Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2013, 08:17 AM
    When the sanctuary builds a building does it need to get competitive bids or can it use trusted builders from the community?
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Jan 9, 2013, 12:37 PM
    Hi Autumnbella

I can't speak to 501c3s specifically, but I do know from experience that you MUST get at least 3 bids on any commercial project before handing it over to anyone, never mind anyone that you know.

Your friend should present a legitimate bid and if he is straight shooter he won't be the highest or the lowest bidder, but should be somewhere in the middle for him to be competitive and have everyone end up happy with the job.

If necessary, you get more than 3 bids to get an even better idea of what the project should really cost.

In this manner you can be sure no one comes back at you and ends up questioning costs/favoritism or anything else that can get you in trouble!

Mark

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to price Post Construction cleanup projects? [ 0 Answers ]

Hello Everyone, I have an opportunity to bid on a post construction cleanup job that will need to be started on in a couple days. Details: 34,000 sqft Retail new store opening. 2 floors. 1st floor is main floor, about 90% of the sqft.

Bids for new construction [ 0 Answers ]

I don't know what the going rate per square foot in the dallas area. How can I find out. It is commercial property.

Construction final cleaning bids? [ 0 Answers ]

I have to perform final cleaning on a consruction project with apporxiamtley 9000 sq feet of space with cleaning windows inside and out. This includes cleaning the interior and exterior glass, surfaces exposed to view, removal of temporary labels, stains and foreign substances, polish transparent...

Estimating Damages for Lost Construction Bids [ 6 Answers ]

I live in the state of Washington. I am preparing for a lawsuit seeking damages from members on an unincorporated association who have forced us to delay the construction of a custom mountain home. Because we are nearing the winter, construction will be delayed 12 months. Because of the delays,...

View more questions Search