Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sandmantc1982 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2013, 05:56 PM
    Pressure switch cutoff
    When we have high volume use, using several items at once, our pressure switch for our well is forced in an open position. In order to have water , we have to manually force switch closed, and it resumes operation. We have replaced switch, piping, and still have the problem. Everyone tells us it is the 1/4 piping going to switch but that has been replaced with brass piping to prevent corrosion. Still no resolution to the problem
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Jan 7, 2013, 07:23 PM
    I assume that the pump switch is remote from the tank and the piping.
    What type of tank?
    Where is the pressure gauge located, on the tank or on the well piping?
    What does the pressure gauge read when this happens?
    Can you show a picture of your set up?
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jan 7, 2013, 08:33 PM
    Does your switch have a reset lever on the side? If so, then it could be that your pressure drops far enough below the cut in pressure that the switch basically shuts itself off. That's a safety feature to prevent the pump from running dry. It will stay off until you reset it with the lever.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Had no water banged on pressure switch started working so changed out switch worked [ 7 Answers ]

Had no water Friday night. Banged on switch sat morning and it starting working for a few minutes. Changed out switch sat. afternoon work until Monday morning. Now now water and the breaker is tripped. When I wired it up I put the two wires coming from pump one red and the other black on the two...

Where is the low pressure cutoff switch for the compressor located on an 06 Dodge Ram [ 0 Answers ]

I can't find the low pressure cutoff switch on my 2006 Dodge Ram 4.7L. I've looked all along the low side line and can't find it. Is is part of the compressor? Thanks for any info diagrams you can provide.

Heil furnace blowers limit switch\ blower won't cutoff [ 1 Answers ]

I have a heil furnace.it runs and heats.but when the heat turns off the blower keeps running.

York residential furnace pressure switch problem code stuck switch [ 1 Answers ]

I have a york furnace P2MD12H06401A after 1 hour it shuts down and gives a 2 flash error for a stuck pressure switch. The switch is new can it be wired wrong? The old one had 2 white wires piggy back and 1 blue wire. The new switch has 3 separate terminals

How to replace thermal cutoff switch [ 1 Answers ]

Want to know the location of thermal cutoff switch on Y Magic chef electric dryer so that I can replace with new one. Model # YE/YG225LV

View more questions Search