Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    destiny13hope Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2013, 01:00 PM
    My mom is cheating on my dad.
    So my mom had me when she was 16, dad cheated on her and left. Came back got married, had two kids.

Mom just started her career last year, now does hair made new friends, they got her to go out more and she found this new guy.

Cheats on my dad now, but he doesn't know. Mom doesn't care about me, I sometimes cry to sleep and my life has changed, she been dating the guy for a year.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 5, 2013, 01:12 PM
    Sorry you have to go through your parents messed up mistakes but don't take it personally. Focus on you and friends and kid fun.

Find a trusted teacher or adult to talk to about your feelings and stay positive. They will eventually handle their own business, their own way, solet them.

How old are you and does your mom know YOU know she is cheating?

Jan 5, 2013, 04:47 PM
    I am 14, turning 15 next month. Yeah, but I have already tried talking to a teacher. Her name was Mrs.Fleeman, she was also pregnant at a early age and we talked about my situations out of class by writing letters since I was too shy to talk to her in person. We were very close and she helped me a lot. But I don't keep in contact with her anymore because I am now in high school. Nope, my mom doesn't know that I know. Mrs.fleeman told me to keep it quiet and I agree, but I can't stand it. I already know that I'm never going to confront my parents because they just aren't the people to have a conversation with. Its like they aren't my parents, my mom never talks to me unless she needs something and I only see my dad twice a month, he's a truck driver. I know its not my business but I can't forget about it. Its obvious that she's cheating because she goes out all the time, hides the carseat, talks in another room, wears a heart neckalace, contantly texts,etc. I don't have any freedom, I'm like cinderella. I don't have a phone, can't go out, have an email,Facebook,etc. She treats me like crap, but respects my siblings. I hate being the oldest child, she tells me that she wishes I was never born.

I can't stay positive when my mom is constantly yelling at me for the littlest things. I can't have fun because I can't go anywhere. She spoils my siblings but never buys me anything, I didn't get anything for christmas. Im always home alone babysitting while she goes out. Things aren't the same anymore. Teachers and friends always ask why I never smile or have fun. I do but they never see me happy, only once in a while. I do everything on my own, I'm very independent. I feel like I teach myself how to do things. I don't know how I will be a good parent in the future. Im always counting down how many more years it will take when I turn 18. I can't stand anything. I have friends,lots, but I'm really quiet, I don't know how I ended up having so many friends.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 5, 2013, 05:55 PM
    I feel you, you had to grow up fast because you are the oldest and you still have a very young mom. She is just having her adult fun with friends, don't know if she really is cheating but young mothers are selfish that way sometimes because she had to grow up fast being pregnant so young. But you have resentments because you are growing yourself and need her but don't have her.

You will confront her one day as an adult, but realize she is caught up in youth and selfish freedom and its still a good idea to have a responsible, respected adult female you can look up to. Just to help guide you through the confusing age and resentments in you. A confidant, mentor, and friend. Coping with your resentments are the key to feeling better about yourself, and feeling good about what you can control, and accepting what you can't control, mainly your mom and dad and how they act or don't act.

Reach out, the way you have done coming here, to a relative, or high school counselor or vent the resentment to a good friend or it will grow inside you. Got a real good friend you trust?

One day your mom will realize she blew a chance to be close to a good person who happens to be her daughter. Probably when she herself grows up some more. Maybe that's the real problem here, you have matured faster than she has and that's a shame.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 5, 2013, 07:26 PM
    If she is going out that much, I would suspect that your dad knows.
    Have you talked to him about the way you are treated ?
    I would say you need to get courage and go talk in person to your counselor or another teacher you trust.

I have had a couple of my students come talk to me about personal issues this semester. A good teacher will try to listen and help

Jan 5, 2013, 09:12 PM
    Yes, my dad knows because it's obvious. Since my dad is a truck driver, he calls to check up on me. He asks me where's my mom when he needs to talk to her, but my mom makes me lie to him by telling him that she's showering or sleeping when she's not. He would call almost everyday and I would say the same answer. My dad kind of suspected of her going out. He kind of got mad and my parents kept fighting about it. My mom tells my dad that she should be able to go out because she need got the chance to have fun from all the years that she's been taking care of her children. So I guess now since I'm getting older, I'm old enough to babysit, so she goes out. I'm really shy and I don't have the guts to be open to people. I only talk to my friends about it, but they don't really care, they just kind of think it's a joke. Last year. I had 2 really good friends who listened, but one of them moved and the other one I drifted from unfortunately. I've realized that High School changes everything too.

Well, that's the same Mrs. Fleeman told me. I once told her that I've realized that I'm the only person out of all my friends who hasn't changed, I'm the same old me. She told me that it's because I grew up faster than they did. Well, I already know for sure that my mom is cheating on my dad. Here are the clues:
    -I once saw my mom's phone by accident when I was behind her, it said " Hi babe...goodnight babe..how are you...I love you" etc.
    -A photo of my mom and her boyfriend was sticking out of her purse. I saw it when she made vacuum her room.
    -Everyday when her boyfriend calls to pick her up, she sees me, pushes me out of the room, runs outside and says" Hi babe"
    -She has made me remove the carseat out of the car, she's even told me that she doesn't want her friends to know that she has kids
    -She stopped wearing her wedding ring
    -She dresses a lot more classier
    -Takes forever just to get home, longer than usual
    - when she sleeps over at her bf's I can tell that she's in the restroom whispering to me
    -wears a heart necklace from her boyfriend
    -spends more money than usual now
    -NEVER takes the kids or me anywhere, we're always at home, we can't even go to the store w/ her

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can you tell if your dad is cheating on your mom [ 1 Answers ]

I think my dad is cheeting on my mom because he is working late and gets text messages and won't let anyone see and he reads them outside alone a lot he is always grumpy and just acts so secretetiv around everyoone can help me find out if my dad is chetting on my mom please.

My mom cheating on my dad [ 7 Answers ]

So I for one don't get along with my dad! But I know none of this is my business but my mom left her Facebook up and I went through her messages and saw she was talking to two guys one she had dated before my dad but I guess they are bootycall friends and the were talking dirty to each other and...

My mom is cheating on my dad [ 2 Answers ]

My uncle and mum are really close. I thought they were just friends but one time I went to my moms room to get some clothes out of there and there a lounge room when I walk past and I saw them doing something :s ... But I let it slide and tried to give my mom a look when I saw her the next...

My mom is cheating on my dad. [ 4 Answers ]

To start (since I know this will likely impact the response I receive) I am in my mid 20s, moved back in with my parents a few months ago after hitting a bit of a hard patch. I've noticed lately that interactions between my parents have changed. I assumed it was part of work stress, finances,...

What do you do if you know your mom is cheating on your dad? [ 2 Answers ]

It all started when my mom brought this guy to our house and they were both in her bed while my dad was at work and she was naked and he had his boxers on and my dad caught them. The rest I am to embarresed to mention but they still talk to each other on the phone and she lies to me and says that...

View more questions Search