Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    phil_stl Posts: 30, Reputation: 4

Jan 3, 2013, 03:14 AM
    Getting money from Tenant - Lawsuit / Tribunal
    I took a tenant to the tribunal and obtained an order against her for the amount she owes me in unpaid rent. (She no longer lives at the property any more). I want to put the amount she owes me on her credit file, so it will affect her credit rating / come up as unpaid on her credit report.

How do I do that? Do I have to go to small claims court and get an order/ claim from that court even though I already went to court (the tribunal) and obtained an order against her? Or do I just call equifax or transunion, and provide them with the documents? Or am I supposed to do something else?

Thanks,

Phil
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 3, 2013, 04:19 AM
    Ask the court clerk whether results from the tribunal are reported or picked up by credit bureaus. General they do pick up legal actions that are a matter of public record.

Check with the credit bureaus also to see if they pick them up from this tribunal.

See if there is a landlord's association in your area that can make reports.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Accident claim tribunal in secunderabad. Ap [ 1 Answers ]

Location of accident claim tribunal in secunderabad area

Lawsuit settled, 5,000 being held to pay hospital over year can I get that money [ 1 Answers ]

Lawsuit settled, 5,000 being held to pay hospital over year can I get that money if the hospital doesn't get it

Appeal tribunal hearing [ 1 Answers ]

Is it compulsory 2 have legal representation for a tribunal hearing.

Tribunal being held tomorrow [ 5 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I am desperate for advice after just being told that I am being issued with a summons today to attend court tomorrow. Is this legal and fair! Do I have to attend? Thanks in advance. Mary:(

Employment Tribunal in the UK [ 2 Answers ]

I am currently taking my former employees RBS to Tribunal, this is extremely expensive and I have found this very one sided. If I feel the Chairman is constantly coming down the side of RBS is their anything I can do about it? Also RBS have asked for full disclosure of my Medical Records and...

View more questions Search