Ask
    jobany972 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2007, 02:37 PM
    How do you un block
    How do you unblock websites at school:D
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Mar 15, 2007, 02:38 PM
    Nobody here is going to tell you how to do that.

You need to abide by your school rules, and one of those rules is not going to blocked websites.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Mar 15, 2007, 02:55 PM
    Unblocking a website at school will get you either suspended or expelled. Time at school is not your personal time on the web. Save that for home.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 15, 2007, 04:09 PM
    You get your teacher or school IT person to do it.

There is no legal way to do it, since as a student you are not suppose to be using them for any improper usage.
    So save the myspace and the other sites till you get home, and use school time for what it is suppose to be.

And as noted, even if someone put it down here we would delete the post and ban the poster for violation of site rules
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Mar 15, 2007, 04:14 PM
    We here at AMHD cannot help you get around any sort of administrative restrictions imposed on a School, Work, or any other network not owned and operated by yourself. These restrictions can include (but are not limited to): Website Blocking policies, Software Installation policies, Email retention policies, Software Configuration policies, Network/Internet usage policies, Network Configuration policies, Forum or Chat Room Bans, Game Server Bans, or any other actions that are deemed "unauthorized" by the owners/administrators of the network in question. Any actions by members of AMHD that would be offered to help in this manner would directly violate the site's TOS.
    Nosnosna Posts: 434, Reputation: 103

Mar 15, 2007, 04:19 PM
    Petition the school board for a change, citing specific examples of sites that shouldn't be blocked.

Or, petition the company that handles the blocking for a manual review of a website that you need for educational purposes.

Bear in mind that neither of these is likely to accomplish anything, but it's the only way you normally have to challenge something that's blocked.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My Mental Block [ 2 Answers ]

What's up, Im a Sophomore in high school, and I'm in high jump right now and the state tourny is right around the corner, does anybody know how I can go just 3 or 4 more inchees higher. I have been going 6 3 all year but there is a mental block after that, what are some tips for me to get that...

Sound block [ 5 Answers ]

Since temperature affects the speed of sound, does sound travel slower or faster in cold climates like the Arctic? Or does it have to do with the temperature of the wind?

Firewall block [ 2 Answers ]

Can I block a computer user from accessing a specific website if I have a firewall conrol panel?

Block Sink? [ 2 Answers ]

Help? I think I got a blocked sink or a blocked air vent somewhere. Water just won't go down the kitchen sink but it will from the bath tub or toilet. I have dismantle the U trap under the sink and inserted a rod as far as it would go , water did not moved. Also if I push with a power...

New kid on the block [ 11 Answers ]

I have been asked to come over here and check this site out by one of you, and so I am here. Some of you know me, some don't. I am not here to argue with anyone. I don't want to banter or name call or any of the other childish things I've experienced on other sites such as this. I love our Lord...

View more questions Search